Federal Gold Medal 205 match primers

jhead7416

I used the search function but didn't find what I am asking. Seems that Federal GM 205 match primers are extremely difficult to locate. I've used them exclusively for years and have many loads developed around them. Can anyone recommend a proven close replacement please? This is being used in 223 bolt gun with Varget and Benchrest powders. Thanks

The short answer is there is no proven replacement primer.... Each rifle is unique esp factory ones and will respond differently. If you are going to start over at least when you find one that works well buy a supply of the same lot and you will not find yourself in this situation again.. I have a good supply of powders, primers, bullets and brass for all of my competition rifles and the majority of my sporters----nothing is worse than having to worry about finding components when none are to be had..

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.