Favorite uncommon calibers

The 32-20 Win in a Winchester 1892 lever action is probably my least common cartridge. While on the farm I used this rifle to kill our home killed beef and any injured cattle that needed putting down.
Other less than common cartridges I have rifles for are the 22 Hornet, 220 Swift, 250 Sav AI and 257 Roberts.

I've got a few that are sort of uncommon these days. 6.5x55, 7x57, 250 Savage, 6.5-06. Got a 32-20 revolver that's fun to load and shoot also. And a 28 gauge O/U.
I've seen some others mentioned here that I forgot I had. 8x57, and a 16 gauge shotgun. Again, not all that uncommon, but not mainstream for sure.

When I listed my favorites earlier, I didn't realize shotguns counted. Along with the .300 Savage, .220 Swift and 257 Roberts, I can add five, sixteen gauge shotguns to my list. Four of them are Remington corncob 870 Wingmasters. The other is an old Savage single shot that sits out in the pole barn. Two of the 870's are first year production in full and modified chokes with the barrel's serial numbered to the receivers. The other two have improved cylinder barrels. One is second year production while the "new" one was made in 1953.

I have a 25-20 that's just a lot of fun to shoot. Probably my favorite lever gun
Here's an old 25-20 that I have, handed down from my Mom's side of the family. It's a Model 25. I think circa 1930. Cool little cartridge for sure!
IMG_8975.jpeg

IMG_8976.jpeg
IMG_8977.jpeg

Yup the 270 wsm is pretty much dead along with 6.8 Western. A lot of good cartridges just don't make it in the long run. As much as I like the odd balls I will never be with out the standard 270 and 30-06,308 even in the worst of the ammo shortages I could still get ammo for them.
And the old standard cartridges kill 'em just as dead

I have a couple oddballs,30 and 357 Herrett,and their rimless twin,the 30 HRT. The HRT uses the same dies as the 30 Herrett, but because it's chambered in an AR,it can be loaded to higher pressure without the frame stretching that can occur with the Contenders. I also have,and thoroughly enjoy shooting, a Ruger #3 in 375 Winchester. Fun little round,and found a load using H-335 in my 1989 manual that gives me excellent accuracy. My oldest oddball is a Martini target rifle i had rechambered in 218 Bee. It's mild mannered and accurate,great for moderate range prairie dogs.

30 Herret and 357 Herrett for me. They aren't fast, but both have been accurate in my Contender.
I had both of the Herrets in my Contender. I used the 30 for silhouette shooting a 60x60 in a regional championship. The 357 accounted for many deer when NY had the 35 rule. Great rounds. Wish I still had them.

Herrett rounds were the product of Bob Milek and Steve Heŕrett. Bob's son is on this forum. There is a lot of info on these if you Google them. My longest shot on a deer was 185 yards with the 30 Herrett. One shot and her knees buckled under her.
I coresponded with Bob Milek. After Bob's death I visited with Bill and Dudley. I have several of their videos. Unfortunately all VHS and no player. I would like to have DVD copies. Bob Jr. if they are available please let me know. I owned both the 30 and 357 Herret.