My favorite sherman

Bigstrap3

Hello all, I stumbled onto a Gradous built 6.5x47 almost a year ago. I became interested in the 6.5 sst thread some time ago. This donor rifle is built on a Bighorn TL-2 action with in a masterpiece arms chassis.After reading up and talking to Rich I ordered dies and brass from Rich. Bugholes had a bartlein 6.5 mm 1:8 twist 5R stainless steel medium Palma barrel. Eric Goss is going to be the gun smith for this project. It is nice he is only 20 minutes from the house. I am looking at this rifle as a all around rifle for some competition and still be a hunting rig. I will keep this thread updated as the project moves along. Best to all GB

I think you will really like the SST George. From talking to you over the years, I think it best fits everything you are wanting yo do. A rifle that doubles as a competition/hunter with good case and barrel life, low recoil, etc........Rich

I will be looking for your rifle on my regular visits to AxisWorks to check the progress of my 6.5 SS Eric is current building me.

Well the baby is born. I picked up my new 6.5 SST from Eric Goss at axis works. This has been a long time in the works and I am very pleased with the work done by Eric. Being that I am technologically challenged I have asked Rich to post the pictures for me. Thanks much to him for all his help also.This is a great site. Thanks to all for the education. GB

Well the baby is born. I picked up my new 6.5 SST from Eric Goss at axis works. This has been a long time in the works and I am very pleased with the work done by Eric. Being that I am technologically challenged I have asked Rich to post the pictures for me. Thanks much to him for all his help also.This is a great site. Thanks to all for the education. GB

Here is the baby that George is referring too; and a beautiful baby it is! Congrats George!.......Rich
Well, the upload is saying the file is to big for the pic of the full size rifle, so I will have to see what's up with that. Here is a glimpse. OK, FIGURED IT OUT!
6.5 SST Rifle (George).jpg

Attachments

• 6.5 SST (Georges Build).jpg
    6.5 SST (Georges Build).jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
George has been out of town for a while. He was kind enough to sacrifice his dies to help a new PRS shooter. They will be replaced in the next couple of days so he should be posting before too long

Well back in town and have all the dies and brass collected up. I am tied up with work for a week or so but will get on this after I get some time. Been waiting a long time and can't wait to get started.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.