Favorite recoil pad? Win Model 70 300WM

180ls1

Who do you like for a recoil pad? I was looking at the limb saver Air Tech but it appears they don't make one for a Win Model 70...

Any advice? The gun is from the early 2000's (EDIT: 90's) just like the one pictured in 300WM.

Model 70 300 win.jpg

Last edited:
Who do you like for a recoil pad? I was looking at the limb saver Air Tech but it appears they don't make one for a Win Model 70...

Any advice? The gun is from the early 2000's just like the one pictured in 300WM.

View attachment 441591
If its like the one pictured, then it is from the Mid 1990's. No later than 1996. The one pictured is a Model 70 Classic Stailess BOSS. I used a Pachmayr on mine. It said Post 99 on the box but it fit. Came with a set of 2 screws as well.

If its like the one pictured, then it is from the Mid 1990's. No later than 1996. The one pictured is a Model 70 Classic Stailess BOSS. I used a Pachmayr on mine. It said Post 99 on the box but it fit. Came with a set of 2 screws as well.

Its identical to the pictured one. It's probably me that's wrong on the age. It's my Dad's. Just trying to help him out.

Thanks for the info.

Grind to fit or slip on not work?

Grind would, I think. Honestly, I am not sure how grinding works. Do you just grind the hard plastic and leave all the soft stuff alone?

You might also consider to see what Hogue offers. I believe the synthetic stocs for those Wins were made by Hogue