Favorite Black Bear Bullet?

I'm building a 7mm Rem mag for deer and bear here in eastern Pa. shots will be from 100-600 yards. I'm curious what everyone else uses for mid-to-long range bear hunts. My goal is little to no tracking; drop them in their tracks. I was thinking of Accubonds, but I'd like to get some input from the community first. Thanks in advance.
O

I shot a 425 lb bear at 20 yards with a 168 gr berger from a 280 AI. It went about 80 yards no blood at all. the bullet did great, it exploded the lung and shrapnel went thru the heart. I recovered a 98.0 gr bullet from the off side just under the skin. I think the bullet would have preformed better when it slowed down a bit at a longer range. Berger are my go to bullet in everthing, but with bear I think an exit is a must, due the the fat and hair. I have been a part of 3 bear recoverys this year with archery and none went over 30 yards and the blood trails were outstanding.

I have to laugh at those who say black bears arent tough animals, you wouldnt say that if you ever tried to kill one over 500lbs. Sure the smaller ones usually do go down easy with a good shot but not the larger ones. I suggest using a bullet that will penetrate and give an exit, the only bullet i trust now is barnes. I saw a 200 gr partition barely make it into the chest cavity after a shoulder hit and a 168ttsx broke both shoulders and still almost exited. I hunt eastern pa and theres a much better opportunity for a 50 yard shot than there is for 500 especially for bear.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.