factory 300 win mag that can shoot 215 bergers from the magazine

buxton

Is there a factory rifle that has proper throat length and magazine length to use 215 bergers and a 26" barrel. I'm looking at a mri mountain eagle right now at a good price but absolute max magazine length is 3.650 and owner doesn't know what it will take to get close to the lands. It is a 24" barrel no brake. I also want a brake but can go aftermarket for that. looking at $1200 max but maybe could stretch a bit. I also want to put a z5 3-18 swaro on it. you may consider this a want ad and pm me with what you have. Thanks for your time a input. Paul

Is there a factory rifle that has proper throat length and magazine length to use 215 bergers and a 26" barrel. I'm looking at a mri mountain eagle right now at a good price but absolute max magazine length is 3.650 and owner doesn't know what it will take to get close to the lands. It is a 24" barrel no brake. I also want a brake but can go aftermarket for that. looking at $1200 max but maybe could stretch a bit. I also want to put a z5 3-18 swaro on it. you may consider this a want ad and pm me with what you have. Thanks for your time a input. Paul

Paul,

Call MRI, they might be able to tell you.

Ed

I've got a rem 5r 24" and it shoots them very good, my experience with the hybrids is they aren't depth sensitive. They aren't near as finicky as the other Bergers. I've got mine 35thou off the lands and it shoots them extremely good to 500yd, that's the farthest I'm able to go right now.

Ive got a browning a bolt medallion 300 WM i shoot them out of, however, i had to grind out the magazine to get them to fit. With that being said they feed great, and shoot very well @ 2840 FPS out of a 26'' barrel.

I also have a 5r Remington. Mine has a 24" barrel. I have them 25 thousands off the lands. They shoot in one hole at 100 yards.

anybody know anything about the 5r tactical 26 fluted cerakoted. Is it ss and the stock has a different look. Wondering if it may be lighter than the reg 5r 26 and what the weight would be.

looks like long range model stk, with tac 5r barrel still not sure if its ss. long range listed approx 9lbs so I guess these would be approx 8 1\2 lbs???

I shot a factory rem 700 Sendaro with a 300 WBY bbl screwed on since the mid 90's. For a short while I had two different seating depths...one (short) for mag feed and one (loooonnnnng) for single feed. Did that for a few years. As I got more and more into 1000 yard BR I tested the two loads side by each . Couldn't see a lick of difference at 1K. Now that bbled action sits in an A5 stock with standard length (3.65 inch) detachable mag. I havent changed the load in YEARS.... 210 VLD with a hat full of RL 25. I also have a 338 Edge tube for that action that I single feed. OAL....4.1.

If I can get a 300 WBY to shoot and still fit in the mag you should be OK with a 300 Win.

I think this message has to get out there as often as possible. Hybrids do not require the seating depth tweaking that VLDs often require.

I can say with confidence that the 215 you want to shoot will shoot just fine seated to fit and feed from your factory magazine.

I have made excellent loads with 6mm, 7mm, 30 cal and 338 cal hybrids and NONE required any seating depth tweaking. I have loaded 14 different rifles with the hybrids to date. They truly are seating depth insensitive.

Try the 215 with the current magazine and find out.

If for some strange reason you must seat the bullets closer to the lands then lengthen the mag box. You can go with a wyatts mag box or if one is not available for the rifle you acquire a good gunsmith can lengthen the existing mag box. My gunsmith Joe Reid of Harry Lawson LLC in Tucson altered three M77 Ruger tang safety mag boxes for me at a reasonable price.

Hybrids do not require the seating depth tweaking that VLDs often require.

Not in my case, i had a hell of a time getting them to shoot, using bergers VLD method, i settled at .090. This was my first go around with the 215, i run reloader 22.

All of my rifles hit a sweet spot somewhere between .045"- .060" OTL with hybrids and in my Rem 700 5R they fit in the mag just fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.