Eye Glasses & Binoculars don't mix well

I don't understand why someone can't find a set of binos that work with glasses. I were glasses and have for decades and use binos with the glasses in place. Just get some with at least 15mm of eye relief.

I wore glasses for 38 years. 20/600 and 20/400 with severe astigmatism in both eyes. After lasik, I'm now 20/25 and 20/15. The day after the procedure I picked up the first pair of 'cheaters' (that's reading glasses to the younger crowd ;) ). I have been using 1.00 since then. No change in my eyesight since I've had the procedure done.
If you are considering getting lasik definitely do your due diligence. My one piece of 'sage' advice is to find an eye center that specializes in major eye surgeries and trauma surgeries to the eyes. These are the same one's that handle the cataract surgeries as well as trauma to the eyes resulting from accidents. My surgery was handled by the Bloomington Eye Center in Bloomington, Indiana. There are others around the country that would/could do just as good a job.

As for binoculars for eye-glass users, look for any brand that either had the roll-down eye cups (ok for some) or have the twist-up/down eye cups. Putting the cups down, or rolling the little rubber rib down gives you a bit more clearance to allow for your glasses to stay on.
The one thing I noticed was a slight lessening of the field of view. It beat having to take them off and put them on every time I wanted to look.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts