Extreme Long Range (ELR) Resources - Site Update

ELR Researcher

A bit over one month since launch, after some 1500 hits (at most well under 100 of my own in the process of maintaining and expanding), and after a very small handful of suggestions, here's a site update:

Added a navigation section at the top of each page

Added site-wide search capability

Rifles – up to 61 companies, added color coding for the major cartridges

Rifle Components – up to 16 action/receiver companies, 10 barrel companies, 8 brake companies, 19 scope/base/rings companies, 18 stock and bipod companies, and 7 trigger companies

Ammunition Components (major work here) – up to 18 brass companies (added color coding for the major cartridges), up to 19 bullet/projectile companies (plus four matrixes going down to the company, product name, weight, model number, and link for 338, 375, 408, 416, 458, and 510 calibers, all in PDF format), up to 7 powder companies, and up to 7 primer companies

Reloading Equipment - up to 61 companies/items

Miscellaneous products – up to 21 companies/items

Gunsmiths – up to 22 companies

Ranges – up to 25

Retailers/E-tailers – up to 22

Training section added – 21 companies

Cartridges – up to 27 (with 3 chamber reamers drawings, and many more to come, courtesy of Dave Kiff at Pacific Tool and Gauge, plus CIP and SAAMI drawing links in the Reloading Equipment/Aids section)

Minimal expansion in Associations and Clubs, Information Sites and Forums, Legal, and Pubs, Articles, and Photos.

News section added – this update being the first post. I expect to add more interesting posts shortly and then do a weekly update based on what I can glean from the 100s of linked sites.

Oh…and I added the obligatory "Privacy" and "Terms of Use" page.

If you haven't visited my site yet, please do so (please enter through the home page so we can all see the counter increment). I think you'll find it to be an excellent start at exactly what it is intended to be, a resource for the ELR shooting community.

Finally, I really need feedback on what I've missed, what I've gotten wrong, and how the site can be improved to serve you. It's a non-commercial site. It will get better faster with your help.

Thank you and God Bless!

It looks like a lot of work and you've rounded up a lot of info.

But, what's your objective?

I'd be interested in someone establishing real credibility and making recommendations.

Otherwise, I've got LRH for opinions/info from all over and google to find all of the mfgs and gadgets.

-- richard

The objective is as stated on the home page, "...(to provide) a non-commercial compendium of source links to products, services, and information for ELR shooters and anybody interested, as I am, in this area of firearms technology."

I will not be including a forum or any other means for offering or soliciting opinions or recommendations. This forum, Sniper's Hide, Bigger Hammer, Benchrest Central, Accurate Shooter, and others are available for those purposes.

Hopefully my site is a lot more efficient than doing Google searches. That is the plan...a compendium.

So, you've put a lot of work into it and made a good start. I'm just offerring food for thought.

(a) tell us who you are (even just a pen name and a short bio no matter how offical or modest)
(b) make comments about the links you provide (short and sweet is fine, but why list this URL vs others)

otherwise... no name, no credentials, no opinion, no affiliations, no agenda, no recommendations....???

I shouldn't be so cynical/critical of someone that's just trying to be helpful.

But as you point out, there are lots of resources to choose from.

That's just meant to be constructive. So, please don't take it as negative. If my opinion really matterred, Obama wouldn't be president.

-- richard

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.