Extra Long Gun Case?

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by elkregulator, Feb 13, 2009.

1. elkregulator

elkregulator Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can get an reasonable priced extra long scoped gun case?
    My current rig is 54”.
    I don’t need a $300-$500 airline - bulletproof case. I just need something to go the range. Plastic is fine.

Thanks,

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

3. jett

jett Well-Known Member

Re: Extra Long Gun Case? SS7MM

Dick,
    I have an AM similar to yours. I bought the muzzle loader case you describe and it just seems to be too narrow for the large turrets on my NXS Night Force scope. The case puckers out severely at the turrets when shut. Do I just need to cut the foam out here to reduce the pressure.
    Thanks,
    Jett

4. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Jett:

That's what I did with mine. I just closed the case for a few minutes and it left an impression in the foam and then I just cut out small circles part way into the foam to relieve the pressure on the turrets and I've been using it like that for 3+ years now with no problems. By cutting only part way into the foam everything is still protected pretty well.

With a scope with standard type turrets there would be no problem but with a big scope like the NF scopes the turrets compact the foam quite a but.

I now have a 32" barrel plus the large 5 port Painkiller brake on it and the gun still fits fine.

5. jett

jett Well-Known Member

Thanks Dick. Will fix mine in the a.m.