Extended Magazine Box

baydog

Hi I have a Remington Sendero in the 300 rum caliber and want to buy a extended Magazine box. I've found places to buy the box but was wandering how involved it is to install it. I understand of course that the mag box hole has to be made bigger and I assume a bit of the bottom side of the action. I'm not a gun smith but do as much work as I can on my own guns because I enjoy it just like I enjoy reloading plus I have a ace in the hole..My neighbor is a gun smith for Benelli and helps me when it's something I have trouble with figuring out or fixing but he's on a vacation that Benelli actually gave some of the employees...( I've been begging him to find ME a job there) so he's not around. I know it sound kinda of crude but I do have a die grinder with a carbon cutter bit and files. I understand it ain't as simple as I'm making it sound but is this something anybody on here has done before?..Thanks
Scotty

I just had one done. It is a real simple procedure but I didn't think I could make it look neat enough to satisfy my taste with a die grinder.

Scotty,

Put the die grinder away. I have installed quite a few of these, use a milling machine. you must machine the box magazine port back and machine the bolt stop the same amount. If you had access to a mill and a little knowalge on how to run one its pretty easy task.

Casey

Thanks Casey. sounds like unless i want a half ***** job I'd better let somebody with a milling machine do it. I don't have much nice stuff but I consider this Sendero 1 of the few things that I own that's nice so I'll find somebody that can do it like it should be done. Thanks again
Scotty

Anybody like a particular brand or type over the other?? Not sure never bought one before. not sure what kind to buy for a Sendero... Thanks lightbulb

Anybody like a particular manufacture of extension box or type over the other?? Not sure never bought one before. not sure what kind to buy for a Sendero... Thanks lightbulb

thanks ugsly . i am looking at them now. edd said he thought wyatt was the only ones who make them and they're only one i can find so i gonna order it... the wyatt
part # is CFE9 i hope.. says it will fits .300 and .338 Ultra Mag and other calibers based on the .404 Jeffery case. Fits 700 ADL and BDL. $65 so i guess i'll get one on the way!

does anyone know if i can use my original follower when extended box is installed?

That box you chose is a center feed box. Your follower won't work. It should come with a poor quality flat follower.

Dang it..I started to ask ya what box to order but it looked like i had 2 choices. one was half the price of the other but i thought the cheaper was for short action,,,i just checked the order is still pending ... Edd can u tell me if i chose the right one or is there a better one i should get? i thought a center feed is what i have...

I'm not sure what your desire is. Why are you wanting a longer magazine? I'm guessing it is because you want to seat a bullet to a longer COAL. What length are you wanting?

I can tell you, if I was buying one for a 300 RUM, that is the one I would get.

Cool... thanks Edd thats what I wanted to hear and yes trying to extend bullet out further. right now i'm stuck with the length of the box. my COAL now is 3.650 but i could go as far as 3.750 but would have to shoot it like a single shot. Hoping to get tighter group by extending the bullet out some more. But with my luck it will be one of those guns that actually likes the bullet deep..:D
Thanks again Edd

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.