Export license

sport22

Hi
Beeing in Sweden, I am wondering if anyone of you good guys know anyone who can export a rifle to a swedish gundealer?
I have emailed several gundealers in the USA but noone seems to be intrerested.
Thanks
1shot
Stockholm, Sweden.

what do you want , find an importater in USA or find an expotater to export from USA to Sweden

both ways are possible send me a mail

good shooting

DAN TEC

DANTEC, Im looking for a lefthand rifle in a longrange caliber. Problably a Weatherby Ultra Lightweight or Accumark in 300WBY MAG or 30-378 WBY MAG.
Thanks
1shot.

One Shot,

I know this doesn't answer your question, but have you considered the Sauer 202? Available left-handed in 300Wby as standard. Might cause less angst than trying to get something from the States.

Thanks Dog, its not really what Im looking for I want stainless. Their website says left hand model available in .30-06 Sprg. only.
1shot

Oneshot,

have you tried these guys in Sweden?

AB Smalandska Vapen
36044 Ingelstad
SWEDEN
011 4647 038000
011 4647 030362 Fax

I think they are weatherby importers...

JR

Oneshot,

I'm 100% the Sauer 202 is available left-handed in 300 Wby! (they've also just started doing it in 6.5/284).

The website ( www.sigsauer.de ) is closed for 'construction' at the moment but it gives some email addresses for technical questions -and these people actually answer email enquiries!

The frustrations I had finding a decent left-handed rifle (in a caliber I actually wanted) were enormous! The 202 has -for me at least- been an oasis in the desert.

I received my 300 Win Mag left-hander just before Christmas. It was 6 months from placing the order to receiving the rifle. (I also have a left-handed 202 in 308). Both my rifles have the Ilaflon finish (a rust proof teflon-like polymer), this is the same finish as on the Blaser rifles and I have found it really durable -OK not stainless, but rustproof.

The new rifle is a joy; it's the 'Alaska' model of the 202(In addition to being Ilafloned, the bolt is phosphatised. The stock is laminate.) On it, I've put: Warne Bases (all I could get to fit), Badger 34mm rings, S&B PM2 4-16x50. Very first group (using Norma Factory 180gr SP) at 100m was 0.53MOA (had to jump around a bit when that happened!) moved back to 200m 0.56MOA (more jumping) moved back to 300m 0.65MOA.

The 308 is more accurate than that! One of my pals has a 202 in 7 Rem Mag, that does better than 0.5MOA with Fed Prem Safari Trophy Bonded Bear Claw!

....perhaps I should change my logon name to Sauerfan!

Even though this still doesn't answer your original question, I hope it will be of help.

JR:
Småländska Vapen is no longer a weatherbydealer and has not been so for quite som time. I dont know why weatherby still lists their name on their website.
The weatherbydealer in Sweden has been very negative towards my likings of the Ultra Lightweight in 300 WBY MAG, saying it is not a good combination: caliber + lightweight. He tells me weatherby are no longer making lefthandmodels. With the prices you guys sometime show on your websites Id thought Id look into buying a gun from the states instead. The dollar is quite low now too.

DOG/Sauerfan, I thank you for the good info about the Sauer. I looked at one of their rifles a couple of weeks ago but didnt like the tiny boldhandle, but Im guite sure it wasnt the 202 model. I will sure look into it more. later
/OneShot

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.