• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Exotic Wood A-5L Stock

Joel Russo

I recently sold the barreled action from this build to a customer that wanted it put into a composite stock.

This stock is too nice to be sitting in the corner of my office anymore, so I'm offering up for sale to anyone that may be interested in it.

The stock is inletted and bedded for a BAT 1.550" CT model action, ADL guard, 13.75" LOP with a 1" Decelerator pad installed.
The barrel channel was cut for a custom barrel profile that was 1.350" for 4", custom radius, then out to 1.1" at the end of the forend.

If you have that action, then the all that is required would be a re-bed. If you don't have that action, and are interested in the stock, then we will need to discuss retrofitting the stock to suit your barreled action.

One option would be to remove wood topside, and glue in the same wood in the action area, that I can inlet for your action. I have material that I used to make this stock out of when I originally cut it. You will see the longitudinal glue lines, but the match will be near perfect as I will use the same wood. I will plug the action screws, and the trigger guard depending on the application.

I finished this stock with a satin tung oil, which I can do the same after the completed work.

I'm not sure how to price this stock as there are many different options to make it serviceable to the person interested. It will certainly be a fair price, probably more fair to you than me, but that's just how I am.

Probably the best way to arrive at a total price is to discuss options and pricing.

If you have any interest in this stock, let me know, and we'll start a dialogue.

Attachments

• 338 bb.jpg
    338 bb.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 10
  • img_1516_7xo7.jpg
    img_1516_7xo7.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 8
All PM's, e-mails and telephone calls returned.

This would be a great stock for someone doing a .338 Lapua build on a 1.550" BAT, RP action.

I was going through my pile of actions, and found a 1.550" round BAT with a Lapua bolt face. I put it in the action and took a few pictures to show that the only area that does not line up correctly is the ejection port. The ejection port on the CT action is just a tad bit longer.

Attachments

• FullSize2Render.jpg
    FullSize2Render.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 7
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 1FullSizeRender.jpg
    1FullSizeRender.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 4fff.jpg
    4fff.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 10
This is the stock I was asking about. Could you pm a price? I'm looking for a bat ct action as well but anyone who has one has a high markup from what I have found.