EXBAL vs Field Firing Solutions

Having never owned a PDA, what should I look for as far as minimum memory, processor, etc? It looks like I should get one that runs MS Windows.

[ QUOTE ]
Having never owned a PDA, what should I look for as far as minimum memory, processor, etc? It looks like I should get one that runs MS Windows.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO, It's impossible to have the same features of a desktop-based application on a PDA.

The primary issue being the form-factor.

90% of the available applications need to be stripped-down ( take a look at the MS Pocket Word or MS Pocket Excel versions as a good example ).

PDAs for sure will increase their power in the near future in terms of memory/processor but the form-factor should remain the same, if they want us to still call them PDAs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

On the other hand, nice as they are, ( I have one too ), I still prefer to use a PC-based application to create "Field Charts". They don't run out of batteries, they don't get wet and fail, etc, etc.

On the other hand, once a trajectory is being computed, one simply run the same set for another set of environment conditions or if not known, use the "standard conditions" at the altitude of interest and for shots not beyond 600/700 yards, you are ready to go.

Get the Dell AXIOM 30 and you're set..........
thumb.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.