Encore 209x50 bullets

mudman02

The Remington didn't work out, so I'm going with an encore 209x50, I've got 2 bottles of Blackhorn 209 on the way, now to figure out what bullets to try. I'm open to suggestions. Thank you

I am currenting shooting the T/C shockwave sabot. i initially liked the bullet because it loaded easier that other sabots I've tried, but was not thrilled with accuracy (1-1/2" @ 100). Experimented with blackhorn last summer and got under 3/4" with 90 grains by volume. i tried a couple of the powerbelt bullets but could not get under 2".

I'm planning on ditching the sabot this year. I have some Thor full diameter bullets on the way. Friends who shoot them say great things.

The Remington didn't work out, so I'm going with an encore 209x50, I've got 2 bottles of Blackhorn 209 on the way, now to figure out what bullets to try. I'm open to suggestions. Thank you
An absolute great combination is 75grs WEIGHT or 107grs VOLUME and Barnes 290gr TMZ. If tight, then the T-EZ which will load easier.

Four TC Mzls I own all like 90 grs BH +- 5 grs by volume. Barnes, Parker, XTP... they all work. My encore likes the yellow superglide TC sabots and most 240-300 gr bullets.

I used some Maker T Rex bullets out of my 45 raptor last year and they performed spectacularly. Its a 45 cal 250 gr bullet and should produce the same results or of a ML.

What powder were you using
Blackhorn 209. 75grs by weight or 107grs by volume. I've shot thousands of Barnes with that charge from a 209x50 Encore.
With BH, it appears that the Encore platform rifles really like charges of 100 to 110grs VOLUME. Not that they won't shoot accurately with more or less, its just that range works well.
I've shot a lot of .5moa groups at 200 with that combination.

Blackhorn 209. 75grs by weight or 107grs by volume. I've shot thousands of Barnes with that charge from a 209x50 Encore.
With BH, it appears that the Encore platform rifles really like charges of 100 to 110grs VOLUME. Not that they won't shoot accurately with more or less, its just that range works well.
I've shot a lot of .5moa groups at 200 with that combination.
That's what I like to here, would you measure the powder on scales or use a powder measurement ?

I weigh all of my BH loads and put them into small vials for use at the range. However, there seems to be a group of BH shooters who feel that a load that is carefully measured by volume will produce more consistent results.

I normally use 120gr Volume of BH behind a 250gr or 290gr TMZ bullet. Both have produced 1 moa (@ 200yds-250yds, & occasionally 300yds) when fired from my T/C Encore 209x50.

My bore is rough and swabbing between shots is mandatory. Without swabbing, a third round is nearly impossible to seat on the powder.