Encore Upgrades

mconwa951

Hey guys i have an Encore .50 cal just wondering what are some things a guy can do to make it a lil more accuate.
I have made some pretty long shots with it while hunting including 2 over 200 yds one a head shot and one a perfect heart shot.
I am perfectly happy with it but like most guys on here i just cant leave well enough alone and want to make anything i have better. So i am wondering how much a guy can do to these things to make them more accurate.

Here is a pic of my doe taken at 207yds took 5 steps and piled up.

Attachments

• smkpoledoe.jpg
    smkpoledoe.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 146
I've upgraded all of the Encore's that I've had over the years. I happen to be very demanding with my muzzleloaders. They must be consistently accurate and when hunting, I use a bullet that NEVER fails to perform perfectly. I'm currently shooting the same load from my Pro as I was the Encore and couldn't be happier.

I copied this from another post.

For about $35 my Pro Hunter has:
  • replaced the stock hinge pin with a 2X
  • replaced the stock locking bolt spring with a HD spring
  • replaced the stock firing pin spring with a HD spring
  • replaced the stock hammer spring with either the 44# or 51# (hunting/target)
  • replaced the trigger spring with a 2# spring (actual 1.7#)
  • honed and polished the sear
  • installed a trigger over travel screw
All these parts, including FREE downloadable directions can be purchased from Bellmtc. If you own an Encore or Pro Hunter, I strongly recommend that you visit Mike's site and read each page. Mike is without a doubt the most knowledgable man in North America when it comes to the Encore platform rifles. Mike Bellm TCs - Other Shops Supporting TCs & Trigger Work

I have a pro-hunter , i couldn't get any real accuracy out of the encore barrel so i purchased a Bergara barrel for it , i shoot 100 gr. measured buckhorn 209 and Barnes t-ez's 250 gr. and can pull 1-1.5 inch groups at 150 yds. all day , i stil plan to play with it some more , but this kind of a group out of a smoke pole i will take anytime !

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts