Electric Tracked Wheelchair

Can you hunt any military bases?
I cant......why can't a severely handicapped person hunt on one....use a military personal as a gudie...might make the military person remember for whom they are fighting......

Can you hunt any military bases?
I cant......why can't a severely handicapped person hunt on one....use a military personal as a gudie...might make the military person remember for whom they are fighting......
It's not all cracked up to be as you might think.

Range scheduling.
They can kick you out of the area anytime.

You need special permissions to have access, like through the base CO, and at least where I've tried, you need a separate safety/marksman test to satisfy base standards with a chosen weapon.
The land is first and foremost for military training and operations. It's not a "right." It's a privilege that comes with strings and can be revoked for any reason to no fault to the individual based on the needs of the base.

I'm not against handicap hunts. I think that what you're looking for would be better served at the state wildlife level with tag allotments, and season. Not area regulation.

Coupled with a vetted disability…where the disability is specific to the immobile…or something as such…

Still, it's dangerous, if you can't get yourself out of a bad situation. I suppose it depends on the landscape.

But…to block people from public land..yeah…no.

I don't have one. but have looked at them....Spendy Devils.

I'm about more access for everyone....and with more realization we may have to interact with others.

Having watched the divide and conquer work pretty effectively, adding disability to the list just hurts the future.
I have an electric wheelchair. I bought it cheap for the future. Don't need it at the moment, but is not a track chair. Maybe I could make it a track chair?

I worked some hunts for deer with disabled hunters and Wounded Warrior Project.
We never had a disability hunt on National Forest or Public Hunting Areas.
The hunts was conducted on large enclosed posted private lands.
We had 1 person assigned to each hunter to assist, They had a radio for contact if needed for safety, Or call for animal recovery.
Some one came up with a battery powered lift, That would raise a person in a wheel chair about 15 feet up in the air, For a tree stand hunting experience. Some really liked it, Some no no.

I'm against any further division. I am disabled, but not in a wheelchair yet, although I could get one. so why should that give me access to a special area? you will just see more people not required to have one but end up getting one, a track chair I mean.
Likewise! I do not think anyone is asking for special treatment. When you need to be in a wheelchair and run into you, I will gladly hunt with you.

Questions: If your wheel chair bound, how do you field dress a BG animal? How do you get to it if its shot off the trail? Or is the WC just transportation to a blind while you hunt buddy style?

Questions: If your wheel chair bound, how do you field dress a BG animal? How do you get to it if its shot off the trail? Or is the WC just transportation to a blind while you hunt buddy style?
Most hunters who use wheelchairs do not hunt alone.

(This one gave an eye allergy)

Last edited:
Most hunters who use wheelchairs do not hunt alone.

(This one gave an eye allergy)

I have a colleague who hunts with his fried who has ALS and one of these track chairs, Together they hunt a piece of woods across the road in a ground blind. The way this thread started mentioning a 7 mile range I was under the impression they were heading into the wilderness for Elk.

There is a nonprofit near Parker, SD that gives away hundredso of free pheasant hunts etc. on their private ranch to disabled veterans. They have a lodge, shooting range(s), etc. along with acreage and stocked pheasants. Did I say free?
'in 2019, we built a new wheelchair-accessible lodge, designed by a veteran who is in a chair. We have hosted over 500 disabled veterans for the enjoyment of the outdoors and pheasant hunting while continuing our corporate operations, utilizing those funds to support the mission.'
Wings of Valor Lodge

trackhunt.jpg