ELD X bullets

I'm shooting the 143 ELD-x bullets out of my Creedmoor. They are shooting good. the creedmoor was my winter project and I have shot the 140 amax, the berger 140 hybrid, and the 140 eld match (from factory ammo). The 143 is shooting slightly better than the berger for me. I have been consistently shooting slightly over 1/2 moa at 200 yards. the other day I put 5 bullets in a 3 inch group at 500 yards. I like em.

What are you using to hunt with, Factory ammo? How does it do? both H4350 and RL 17 have shown to give good accuracy and velocity out of mine. I lean toward the H4350.

Whitetail deer anywhere from 200 to 500 yards, from my rock pile Hilton warm and dry. I am not happy with Berger hunting the Hornady SST's OK not great. Nosler Accubond hunter best so far. LR hunter savage is a fine rifle just need to find a better bullet, I'm thinking the ELDX may be the answer. H 4350 seems best so far for me. I have a very old lot of Dupont IMR 4350 and it is great but it is running out all powder cans have a bottom even if they start at 8 lbs. shoot straight fred gun)

I just bought a box of them haven't tried them yet

Here is a photo from the left 142 ELD X, 142 matchking, 140 Amax, 139 Lapua Scenar, 140 Hornady bthp match, 123 Amax

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 72
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.