2506 ELD X bullets

merasmus

I have been using 115 gr Partitions in my 2506 for years. They work great on everything from deer up to cow elk. I have shot 2 6pt bulls with them but do prefer my 7 mag for Bulls. My question is does anyone have any experience with the 110 gr. ELD X Hornady bullets in 25 caliber. I do wish they would come out with some heavier ones but am thinking of reloading some of the 110's to see how they do.

Blackjack Bullets offers a .257 131gr bullet...Only crux, is that you will need a 1:7 twist barrel to stabilize it properly...They sell those as well.

If you want to stick with a 10" twist, Berger 115 or Hornady 117 Interlocks will work.

I've been running 115 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips and 117 grain Sierra Gamekings in mine, burning through alot of IMR 4831 over the years. The Black Jack piques my interest but looks too heavy for my standard twist. I'm going to try the Berger in mine as soon as I run out of the 115s. I have used 100 grain projectiles as well and they are spectacular killers. If the 110 ELD-X flies anywhere near as good as the 143, I think you'll be quite pleased.

We tried the Hornady bullets in my son's 25-06, but weren't very accurate. Partitions were much better, however the 115 Bergers are crazy accurate with Retumbo. This combo out of a model77 heavy barrel. Many on several forums using Retumbo which sounds unusual but shoots great. Good luck

Hornady has the 257 ELD-X in inventory but will not ship the bullets until new loading data is completed... which will be posted on the Hornady website. I have loads worked up for my 25-06 using the now discontinued Hornady 100 gr spire point along with the 120 gr HP. I guess I will give this new bullet a try as well.

The real question becomes is there a .25 Creedmore coming in the future??

What could a 25 Creed do that a 257WB or 25-06 can't? Simply calling for a different twist barrel does not for a new caliber make. Kool Aid anyone?

Just
I have been using 115 gr Partitions in my 2506 for years. They work great on everything from deer up to cow elk. I have shot 2 6pt bulls with them but do prefer my 7 mag for Bulls. My question is does anyone have any experience with the 110 gr. ELD X Hornady bullets in 25 caliber. I do wish they would come out with some heavier ones but am thinking of reloading some of the 110's to see how they do.
I just started working up the 110 ELDX in my 25-06 T3 with Reloader 23 and so far it's looking pretty promising.

What could a 25 Creed do that a 257WB or 25-06 can't? Simply calling for a different twist barrel does not for a new caliber make. Kool Aid anyone?
You've got it the other way around... What can it do, that the .25-06 and .257 Wby can't do WAY better... :D

The only advantage the .25 Creed has, is fitting into a short-action receiver.

With a BC of .465 110gr can't see a 25 Creed doing much and as CVCOBRA1 states at what velocity? Can't stuff 10bs of ***t in a 5lb bag!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.