Edlx 340gr boredriver !!!!

20230806_100838.jpg

Comparison pic
350gr maxi(.730"), 250gr Thor(1.163"), 300gr Thor(1.283") 270gr bor-lock(1.479"), and 340gr bore-driver eldx(1.780")

The bore driver is loooong

I've got them. I've shot them.

Mine appear to be jackets. Jackets even have what appears to be minor satiations on the bullet nose for expansion purposes. Jackets seem smooth and uniform. Other than some slight coloration variance, they appear to be jacketed.

Mine shot very good from my UML.

Did your chronograph them? Do you run Blackhorn or pellets?

Well- I tested them in my cva optima v2 with bh209 ( by volume)
100gr was right around 1800fps
105gr was 1860fps
110gr was 1910fps
At 110 gr, the 209 primer was expanding enough to make it hard to get out-- so that's my self imposed limit with this gun.

Did 2 shot groups with a scope just to test speed and group potential

All 3 came in with 2" groups....I did a 2nd 2 shot group with the 100gr load and got just over 1"

Not super impressed, I have a 100gr load with the 270gr bor lock that shoots @1950fps and holds 3/4moa.

If I could get down to roughly the same group size with the eldx's id be happy-- but I'm not sure that's gonna happen

CO is open sights only, so with my eyes and open sights-- I prefer the smallest group possible as my groups open up when the scope comes off for hunting practice.

I pretty much limit myself to about 150-175 yards with my eyes and open sights and my borlock load--- so if the eldx can't print a smaller group with a scope, then the extra weight/bc won't really do me any good.

Seems like what I'm seeing, is if you have a smokeless then these bullets seem to do well when pushed faster than possible in a bpml.

I won't give up on them yet, but for those season I'm gonna stick with the borlock.

I would expect you'll get better accuracy with a bit more powder in your ML. Not sure on your exact gun, but would expect 120 gr volumetric to be max charge.

I get my best accuracy in my guns (45 cal and 50 cal) with more pressure.

Plus, that bullet needs to obdurate and fill the bore land & grooves for best accuracy.

I would expect you'll get better accuracy with a bit more powder in your ML. Not sure on your exact gun, but would expect 120 gr volumetric to be max charge.

I get my best accuracy in my guns (45 cal and 50 cal) with more pressure.

Plus, that bullet needs to obdurate and fill the bore land & grooves for best accuracy.
I won't go more-- at 110gr, I'm using my knife to extract the 209 primer-- it's pretty much pressured out right now

So I listened to Hornady podcast on the bullet, interesting discussion in design. I have an older Encore that I need to double check twist since it is stated for 1:28.

So I listened to Hornady podcast on the bullet, interesting discussion in design. I have an older Encore that I need to double check twist since it is stated for 1:28.
Pretty sure Hornady used a T/C Enocre during development of the bullet. I believe that's the gun used to kill the antelope.

My Rem 700 UML is 1:26" twist.

I will be using an Encore as well. I don't see any loads yet on the Blackhorn site, I have used up to 120 gr (volume) of Blackhorn 209 but that was for the much lighter 290 Gr. Barness sabot load, I do not know where max will be with this much heaver bullet.

havent been impressed with the 340gr version. Way to much weight loss and its not jacketed to hold the copper to the lead. Anywhere, gel tests are only coming out with 160 to 180gr bullet left over.