Edlx 340gr boredriver !!!!

They came in
20230804_175413.jpg

They look more like a copper wash/plated/bonded bullet---similar to federal fusion bullets--- not a jacketed bullet

I used the old ftx ml bullet they discontinued and it's a similar construction-- but rather than the soft flex tip--- it's a hard plastic tip on this one

Jacketed cup/core bullet.
They claim "rugged guilded metal jacket" --- but it doesn't look like a tradotional jacket--- it looks like heavy plating like the federal fusion bullets, its not smooth like a jacketed bullet-- it has small imperfections like a played bullet--- especially on the base of the bullet as the bullet base has a cylindrical dimple for the polymer base to seat into and its fully plated too--- a jacket would be hard to form in that manner but anything is possible I suppose.

I'll try to get a pic of the base and post

I've got them. I've shot them.

Mine appear to be jackets. Jackets even have what appears to be minor satiations on the bullet nose for expansion purposes. Jackets seem smooth and uniform. Other than some slight coloration variance, they appear to be jacketed.

Mine shot very good from my UML.

I've got them. I've shot them.

Mine appear to be jackets. Jackets even have what appears to be minor satiations on the bullet nose for expansion purposes. Jackets seem smooth and uniform. Other than some slight coloration variance, they appear to be jacketed.

Mine shot very good from my UML.
Maybe it's just the way I looked at them--- I'd prefer a jacket over plated-- have u tried them on game yet?

Pretty sure we are some of the first to get them-- they have been unavailable to my knowledge before thos--- I'm super busy at work so I'm not sure when I can get out to test them.

I wanted to see how they shoot before ml season-- but if I can't get to the range enough then I'll just stick with my already proven bor-lock bullet/load for this season

I will be shooting them In a cva optima v2 with bh209

Ok- cleaned one up with some brass-o and now it looks like a true cup/core jacketed bullet-- the discoloration was causing it to look like it was plated.

Bullet wirh tip weighs 340.6gr and plastic base weighs 9.4gr for a total of 350.0gr.
20230806_095917.jpg

If you look really close at the base-- it looks like the jacket wraps around into the hole, but then stops and the base of the hole again has copper where the plastic base seats-- look really close you can see copper, then lead, then copper again ---- unless my eyes are deceiving me -- probably just the way they had to make the inset for the base ?
20230806_100026.jpg

Recent Posts