Edit: pics of .338 lapua Montana

traks44

pictures and small write up are now up on the Montana rifleman web site. In the trophy room page under "custom rifles" bottom of the page....

If someone could transfer it here that would be great

Re: Pictures of the .338 Montana...

Is this the one???

JonLevy3.JPG

ThIs Montana .338 Lapua us with a Mcmillan A-5 stock and a Nightforce scope. Skeptical at first I have had nothing but great results with this rifle. Included is a 5 shot 100 yard group. The rifle will hold MOA all the way out to 1000 yards. My father and I load 94 gr of H-1000 and shoot a 250 gr sierra at 3000 fps. My father harvested a 6x6 bull elk at 780 yards with three shots. The two that stuck the bull were 3 inches apart in the vitals, he didnt even stand a chance. The rifle not only looks killer but is a performer. Everyone in our family wants to use it next year for deer and elk season and I am sure the list of kills will incline rapidly.

Specs: .338 Lapua Montana action (matt), 30in # 8 contour barrel, Vias muzzle brake, factory trigger at 3lb, McMillan A-5 stock ( green, black and white marbling), Nightforce 12-42x56MM, Ken Farell 20 MOA base TPS rings

Thanks for a great looking and performing rifle, it wont just be used for punching paper but for punching harvest tags as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.