Eberlestock Packs - Welcome New Sponsor

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
I am so glad to have Glen Eberle join us. Greg's background in biathlon competitions and in hunting and backpacking gave him the background to design and build his outstanding line of packs.

Late last fall I bought a Gunslinger model and could not be more pleased. For years I had looked for a way to carry a heavy, 14 pound rifle and a day pack. The Gunslinger is a large day pack with its own scabbard that carries the rifle close to your back in a well balanced manner. There are larger models with the same scabbard feature. Check them out at:

Eberlestock Packs - Go In Light, Come Out Heavy

I bought the J107 last summer for a WY Mulie hunt. The .257 Wby w/bipod fit just fine. It is the first "backpack" that I've bought (other than a daypack) and it fits the bill just great. What's suprising to me is that when I pick up the backpack to put it on, it's heavy. After a few steps, it feels like it lost about 1/2 of it's weight.

A hunting buddy bought a different backpack that also carries his gun, although on the outside of the pack strapped in. After seeing the J107, and fighting with his all week, he bought one.

Can't say enough about Glen and his packs. I have a J104 that just finished it's 4th season and is still in fantastic shape. And I've put some miles on that thing. Best pack I've ever owned, hands down. When I first got mine, my buddies said it was too big, this and that. After they saw how I can carry any and everything I need, and do it comfortably, well most of them have one now too :D. Another item i really like is the rain cover. This is a cover that slips over the pack and not only keeps the pack dry, but the rifle in the scabbard as well. Most packs are water resistant to a point, but this will keep it bone dry in a DOWNPOUR. My old man used to make fun of it until we were on a elk hunt in AZ and the sky just opened up on us out of nowhere. it was dumping on us. I smiled and pulled out the rain cover and all my gear was bone dry. We went back to camp and he was literally pouring water out of his pack and had to lay all his crap out to dry :rolleyes:. He wants one too now.
Thanks for the great packs, and sponsoring this site Glen.

I also have a J107 and while it's heavy to start with I have to agree with esshup that once on my back the weight is gone. Well almost. I picked it up after my hunt out west and used it here for deer hunting and was very pleased with it. I use the 'fanny' pack alot too.
Thanks for making a great product.

Mike

I use the Mcmillan Tactical M3 operator and we have never seen a better pack in our lives ! Tough, tough.. tough. It's just one tough MF of a pack ! Thanks Glen
P7191260_edited.jpg

DUH

Awesome Packs

I use mine several times a week, Takes the sting out of carrying some of the larger/heavier pieces in the trade of long ranging.

I am saving pennies for another so that each of my shooting disciplines has a pack dedicated for it.

Definitely glad to see them as a sponsor.

My hunting buddy and I logged over 100 miles with our Gunslingers this fall and have absolutely no complaints. Since most of our hunts are long walk ins, the ability to carry our big guns in the pack makes it sooo much easier.

Len I currently have a gunslinger and I adore it, At that time they did not have the dragonfly out. I personally would go for the dragonfly as it has the capacity to expand to carry a lot more stuff. I use the gunslinger for just about everything but I need a bigger pack for longer pack in trips.

I would like to pick up a skycrane or a dragonfly in the near future. I jump shoot ducks in the week and try and varmint hunt on the weekends. I have put some serious mileage in the last 8 months on the gunslinger. My wife doesn't mid me cougar hunting on the weekends as long as we hike at least 10 miles for our cardio and the pack makes it possible.

I would like to not have to switch over mid week and gut the pack and fill it with my waterfowl stuff. I am always coyote hunting with my duck calls and vice versa. It would be nice to just to have two packs. I have oogled a skycrane and Its monstrous, a couple buddies of mine want to Hike the AK peninsula from Chignik lake to port Moler and we would be getting skycranes to facilitate a trip that long.

The packs are a little on the heavy side but I really don't mind it. It beats the heck out of the noisy crap My old REI pack was made out of and its great to pack the rifle in the scabbard.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.