Welcome To Krieger Barrels - New Sponsor

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
I have worked with Mike Hinrichs at Krieger's order and tech support department on several projects in the past. His service has been very good and Krieger barrels are real shooters.

Thank you for the warm welcome Len! I've been a lurker here for a while and found this site extremely informative and it's members on the cutting edge of most of the new technology, cartridges, firearms and products that come out to make our sport what it is today.

We are one of the many barrel makers in Wisconsin that uses the Single Point Cut Rifling method to produce some of the most accurate and uniform barrels made. We cater to NRA High Power, F-Class, Palma, and Silouette shooters, Long and short range Bench Rest (both NBRSA and IBS), L.E./Tactical shooters, as well as the hunter that is looking to make that perfect long range shot with a custom sporting rifle. Please see our website for a list of barrels and services that we provide and note, the contours listed are not limits, we can generally duplicate any factory or custom contour that someone sends to us as long as it meets our minimum wall thickness requirements.

My name, as Len stated, is Mike, and I take care of many of the customer service calls as well as helping to answer questions for first time custom rifle builders as well as helping out the experienced shooter/gunsmith with any questions that may arise. On a personal note, I shoot NRA High Power (M1A in Service rifle class), Bulseye Pistol (both rimfire and .45), Some I.D.P.A. pistol and the occational round of Trap. I am also an avid Whitetail hunter with rifle, handgun, and bow, and also make the occational trip out west to pop some prarie dogs. I don't get to the forums as much as I like so if you post up here and don't get a reply imediately, please do not take offense. The best way to contact us for an imediate response is of course by phone.

Thanks for welcoming us here, looking forward to chatting with you.

Home
262-628-8558
gun)

OUTSTANDING!!!! The entire Krieger Team is the gold standard from product to product service! Use their products to win both on the range and in the field..

Cool! Kudos to you Len.
Welcome Krieger!
My Greg Tannel built, rear-grip 6.5-284 XP-100 set-up for 1k shooting is probably the most accurate specialty handgun I have ever shot (Krieger 1-8 twist).
It will be due a new tube in the near future-You can say, I have run it hard from time to time:D

I am fortunate to have a Kreieger on my 6 PPC benchrest rifle. It is still shooting very well even after 2500 rounds. That is just not normal! I bought another Krieger for a 6.5 x 47 project and am very happy with it. Great folks and a great product!

HELLO Krieger! Good to have the team aboard - just read your post on 22-243 problems and wanted to express my appreciation of another big name contributer to the wealth of information here and I didn't want to hijack the other post!

Kreiger is the gold standard IMO.....I own probably 10 kreigers and every one is a shooter. When someone asks how a barrel from another manufacturer shoots, I always say it shoots almost like a krieger.....but only if it shoots very very good.

Some more cheeseheads? ;-)))
While I only have 3 Krieger barrels, one on a Contender and two for AR's they sure are shooters. I also like the free shipping, just stop in on my way to the range at DBCL. ;-)
Welcome to LRH!!

Mike

My first Krieger (.308) arrived last April no sooner or later than quoted. The barrel broke quickly and is a shooter that fouls very little. Krieger's policy on fluting contour to caliber is a little conservative but that wont stop me from ordering more.

I'll be ordering another in January.

My first Krieger (.308) arrived last April no sooner or later than quoted. The barrel broke in quickly and is a shooter that fouls very little. Krieger's policy on fluting contour to caliber is a little conservative but that wont stop me from ordering more.

I'll be ordering another in January.

I hope I fixed that to what you meant.:)

Let me add my kudos on Krieger barrels.
When I broke my barrel in (6.5-284 XP-100), it took forever it seemed, but once that was done, it has been a shooter supreme.
My smallest groups at both 600 and at 1k have been with that barrel. This is the same specialty handgun that I used to make my longest pd connection (1,800 yards). In fact I wrote, about this XP in my "1,500 yard PD" article here on LRH.
You make a great barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.