Eating Coyote

I have tried dog meats (but not coyote ... at least not yet) many times in South East Asian nations and believe it or not, it was rather tasty ... it depends on how they are prepped and cooked and if you're open to things outside your comfort zone or culture.

There is no way in hell I'm eatin this mangy varmint!View attachment 97044

This one looks healthier but I just ate my PBJ at the time and don't feel like dragging it for 2-miles. :D

9hofF1A.jpg

The one in my last pic was a 150vld from a 270wsm.
I usually put the rifle responsible in the pic but there was so much mangeHIVsyphilis blood sprayed around that I didn't want to infect my rifle.

Mountain Lion is good. A bit muscular and chewy.

Coyote in a survival situation. 1) Pretty sure it's just made a bad situation worse. 2) I don't know if I don't fear death as much as I should, don't cherish life that much, or can't get past the thought I just signed on for a more painful death.

We've tossed road killed dog on bear baits, nothing eats them but bugs.

Mountain Lion is good. A bit muscular and chewy.

Coyote in a survival situation. 1) Pretty sure it's just made a bad situation worse. 2) I don't know if I don't fear death as much as I should, don't cherish life that much, or can't get past the thought I just signed on for a more painful death.

We've tossed road killed dog on bear baits, nothing eats them but bugs.
I shot a coyote the other day. Right at daylight about 70 yds. In 30 min. I had 10 black buzzards on the carcas. It doesn't happen often most of the time nothing will bother a coyote or a possum. I guess they have to be real hungry

ok mountain lion yes I'll take it any day of the week. the ones I've had were pretty good. a lot like pork in my opinion.

Coyote. umm I think I'll let you all test it while I eat an elk steak.

this is one of the primary reasons I don't really hunt yote' s. If I can't eat it i don't really feel the need to kill it. I will kill coyotes hanging around calf pens and such but that's about it.

ok mountain lion yes I'll take it any day of the week. the ones I've had were pretty good. a lot like pork in my opinion.

this is one of the primary reasons I don't really hunt yote' s. If I can't eat it i don't really feel the need to kill it. I will kill coyotes hanging around calf pens and such but that's about it.

**** you, I'm out of elk steaks but plenty of venison and antelope meat and will just have to settle for it. :D

There's a couple of ranches that we hunt and we have a list of critters they need help controlling, coyote, badgers, porcupines, gophers (one of my favorite to shoot, aim small miss small :cool:), etc ...

I kill em all. When they take 2 of the best rabbit dogs you ever had you develop a pretty healthy hate for them. My grandfather has lost one as well. That dog was going to be one of the greatest ones we've ever had as she was running rabbits on her second outing.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.