E.R.Shaw Rifles

TRB&B

Does anyone have one of their rifles? I was looking at building one from there web site but would like to hear the pro and con's on these rifles. One of the bad things for sure is you looking at 12 to 14 months before you get you rife. But that sometimes holds true with other company. Does anyone have any information that you would like to share about their rifles?
Thanks David

I don't currently have one but I did a few years ago. The Shaw barrels were considered somewhat low end compared to other custom barrel makers at the time I purchased mine. It shot ok in my 6.5 A.I., but not great! I have heard they are building rifles now that perform as well as other factory rifles. My personal opinion would be, if you are going to the trouble and expense, choose one of the well known quality barrel makers and you may be happier in the long run. I've heard that Pac Nor has a fairly fast turn around time. I have both Lilja and Bartlein which I would highly recommend, but turn around will be 6 months..........Rich

Before I waited a year for a Shaw, I'd probably buy a Kimber, not that I know much about them, either. The Shaw can't be much of a "custom" for the prices I saw on their web site. Ya' pay for what you get. At least the Kimber would have some re-sale value if it didn't work out.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.