Dumb Questions ... Where Does Pink Wood Come From?

Gettn2

With working in the largest gunshop in our area, I hear all sorts of questions. Just thought I would share my favorite moment.

Guy walks into our shop and looks at a Ruger single six through the glass display case. He ask "why does it have two barrels?" Puzzled I simply ask what he means. He explains his question ... then I explain that it is the ejector rod housing that he is looking at. :)

The gentleman then looks up on our ceiling where we hang all our 22's and he sees a New Ruger 10/22. It has a pink laminated stock. He ask me if we stained it, I then assured him that it came from the factory that way.

He then holds his hand to his chin, cocks his heads and ask ... "sooo ... what kind of a tree does pink wood come from." :D

Have any good ones to share?

Nightforce guys told me this one ...

Guy calls and tells NF that his sunshade is not working. They tell him to bring it by and they will take a look and see what the issue is. He brings the rifle by the shop and ask NF to step outside.

The gentleman then shoulders the rifle and looks directly at the sun ... with a puzzled look he turns to the NF repairman and says ... see its not working. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.