Dry boot leather

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by justgoharder, Apr 13, 2010.

1. justgoharder

justgoharder Well-Known Member

I've got a pair of boots that are real leather and goretex, I absolutely love them. However, they are extremely dry and i want to prevent them from getting ruined.

what do you guys put on your boots to keep the leather from getting dry and possibly cracking that won't ruin the breathability or waterproof of the boots.

thanks.

2. dud

dud Well-Known Member

bear lard been using it for years.turns rock hard leather soft in a couple minutes

3. JARHEAD1371

JARHEAD1371 Well-Known Member

I use sno-seal on several leather boot of mine. Works great at waterproofing and lasts a while. I haven't noticed any difference in breathability. I use a hairdryer to help melt it into the leather when it's really dry.

4. winmag

winmag Well-Known Member

I use OBENAUGHS. Ive been using it for years on my Whites snow pacs,and my Hawthorn wildland fire fighting boots. Everyone from smoke jumpers, to loggers, and ranchers, and concrete, and construction workers use it in this part of the world.
    I can tell you from experience that it WILL protect your boots, and lengthen thier life. Absolute best stuff Ive ever seen, or used. Its kinda spendy, but not compared to a $200.00 - $400.00 pair of boots!

5. kc

kc Well-Known Member

I like the bear lard, after you clean your boots lay them in the sun for the day. let the suns rays dry them real good put then in the oven stuffed with newspaper than but remove the laces
    before you put them in the oven. heat it to 110 degrees. than wipe bear lard. it work great.

6. fj40mojo

fj40mojo Well-Known Member