Drop camp

Going on a drop camp hunt this year. 2nd Colorado rifle. 9000-12000 altitude. My question is, what would you leave camp with? How big of a pack and what's in it? Outfitter will be by every other day to check on us and pack out any meat (from camp). My thought is to take my big pack with my kill kit, water, snacks, jacket, spare socks. Basically "plan" to harvest an elk and not have to hike back to camp just to get what I need to de-bone and pack it out, then hike back to the kill site and start the work. Save at least one trip. Suggestions? Am I thinking right? I have a day pack I could carry.
Until you get used to that altitude you won't be able to carry your rifle very far

Great stuff above on gear.
Don't go out with new BOOTS, you won't like it!
If new boots get as early as possible and start walking with them to get you feet broke into the boot!
I start my walking regiment a month early before my hunt( muzzleloader in Colorado ).
Base camp 10,300 feet up!
Also get(rent) a satellite phone just in case things happen!
Have a good hunt!!

That is a high elevation and the nights will be very cold even at that time of year.
If you are coming straight from Mississippi and going straight to hunting without altitude acclimation, it can be brutal. Shortness of breath and muscle cramps / fatigue / dizziness.
Altitude sucks the energy right outta you. I live at 4000 ft. elev. and really start noticing altitude at around 9000 ft, especially if you are carrying a pack of 20+ pounds. What I am suggesting is, if you get an elk at 10,000 ft. don't expect to haul two elk quarters and your pack back to camp on the first trip.
I would add, Sunscreen 50 SPF(unscented), 20+ SPF chapstick, waterproof firestarter, extra batteries, lightweight paracord, unscented baby wipes dried in a ziploc, small amount of unscented baby powder, a proven mosquito repellant.
I have bailed on my pack before and it took awhile to find it. Since, I have a white light strobe with a loop on it immediately accessible from the outside of my pack. It takes only a few seconds to drop the pack and hang the strobe before you begin pursuit.
Have fun!
That elevation is truly a game changer. Try and give yourself time to climate to it if at all possible.

Just A Bit of warning, Since Colorado does not allow Bear Hunting With Dogs or over Bait the Population has Increased. Something to Keep in Mind if you make a Kill and Have to leave some of it for a return trip.
Good advice, learn how to keep a bear proof camp. ALL food hung up at least 75 yards from camp, no food in tent EVER. Even toothpaste needs to be used away from tent. Burn scraps completely. I had a bear walk through the side of my drop camp tent even though we left fly open. No food anywhere, just decided to walk through tent because he could. But no food so no damage other than repairing side of tent with duct tape! You don't need a night time visitor either!

Great advice from everyone. We will arrive in town two days before we pack in. Then pack in the day before the season opens. I have trekking poles. Plan to spend the first day in camp just hanging around, resting, trying to breath! Depending on how that feels, may try to scout the area.

Going on a drop camp hunt this year. 2nd Colorado rifle. 9000-12000 altitude. My question is, what would you leave camp with? How big of a pack and what's in it? Outfitter will be by every other day to check on us and pack out any meat (from camp). My thought is to take my big pack with my kill kit, water, snacks, jacket, spare socks. Basically "plan" to harvest an elk and not have to hike back to camp just to get what I need to de-bone and pack it out, then hike back to the kill site and start the work. Save at least one trip. Suggestions? Am I thinking right? I have a day pack I could carry.
Don't forget a Salt and Pepper shaker! You get carried away and shoot it too far..at least you can eat it and enjoy the flavor more....( Also two onions.. personal choice here)

Good advice, learn how to keep a bear proof camp. ALL food hung up at least 75 yards from camp, no food in tent EVER. Even toothpaste needs to be used away from tent. Burn scraps completely. I had a bear walk through the side of my drop camp tent even though we left fly open. No food anywhere, just decided to walk through tent because he could. But no food so no damage other than repairing side of tent with duct tape! You don't need a night time visitor either!
Don't be too hasty here! Nothing like Bear fat to waterproof your boots! Also...last time I left my Fly open...had an officer threaten to charge me with TROLLING!

I would make arrangements with the outfitter to pick up quarters the kill site, even if its a couple hundred bucks. FYI can't leave elk whole overnight. ( need to quarter ) I know this was not the question.

Your plan sounds solid. don't underestimate the value of extra water and new batteries.

Im older now so I run as lite as I can,Kuiu ultra 1800,loaded,food saftey,game bags ,h2o,bipod,5 rnds.I have many items,puffy if cold.Runs 15-18 lbs,I try stay 15#.Pack expands out,always take a load or rack with me.A large rack and rifle are a easy extra 40#.I bust it all down with knife,I carry pocket knife always too.Im always in gaiters later season.