DPS III vs. Chargemaster 1500

Another vote for the Chargemaster

My experience with the RCBS Chargemaster 1500 has been very positive. Using a fine-grain powder (H335) or a relatively small-grain extruded powder (Benchmark), all of the automatically-dropped charges have been right on the money. I am using between 24.0 and 26.0 grains for my loads. I haven't measured the time between charges - it is fast enough that it doesn't matter. I never wait on the Chargemaster - it waits on me.

"Static cling" of the powder to the inside of the powder reservoir and to my aluminum funnel was a problem until I started using anti-static dryer sheets. This cleared up the powder cling problem right away. Note that this static cling is not unique to the Chargemaster - it exists with other powder measures, scales and funnels, especially with very fine-grained powders.

Regarding the scale portion of the Chargemaster - in a word, it's great! I didn't realize how bad my previous small battery-powered electronic scale was until I started using the RCBS scale attached to the Chargemaster. My old scale needed re-calibration after 5 to 10 loads. The new Chargemaster scale just keeps on going. When I first started using it, I would check with one of the provided 50 gm weights and with a 10 gm weight every 10 or 20 loads. The measurements were consistently accurate without re-calibrating. Now that I trust the scale, I check only after every 50 rounds or so. Even that is probably overkill.

I bought mine on sale at Natchez about 2 months ago for about $250.

If you get a Chargemaster you won't regret it.:)

Dps Ii

I have a DPS II that I use for 257 AI - using this scale and my current load with prepped brass and nosler 100 grain BT - I have a maximum spread of 13 fps in velocity aas measured at 10 feet from the muzzle and again at 100 yards.

I have no problems with the DPSII obviously

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.