Double Rifle Case for Air Travel

Tuffpak. Tuffpak. Tuffpak.

Mine has been all over the world. I have seen gun cases with tire marks on them where some lefty gun hater ran over it with a tug or forklift. You ain't running over a Tuffpak.

Any flat case can be abused enough to potentially damage the stock, or throw the scope off. That just ain't happening with the Tuffpak.

You can fit 3 scoped rifles in there, if done right, pack clothes around it, top and bottom and it's the absolute best cushioning you could ask for. Also, that can be insurance for having clothes if the airline's winds up loosing a bag. Sometimes the gun arrives, but the duffel doesn't.

It's also super convenient when traveling stateside. Guns slide in and out with it sitting in the truck bed or backseat. Don't even have to remove the case from the backseat of the truck.

I wouldn't trade mine for anything. I have a pelican, it's good but I wouldn't travel with it unless I had to.

nothing wrong with the Pelican 1750 2 rifles fit nicety cut the foam with an electric knife looks good and 4 HD padlocks or go to Harbor Freight and get their knock off one for a bunch less it works great also I just do not like the pluck foam

I have friends that used this case and the airlines broke both cases open (2 different occasions). I recommend something beefier.

That almost sounds intentional. I've flown with mine several times and the case still looks like new.

MY buddy uses an all-aluminum case that looks indestructible. One year the rifle case off-loaded from the plane with a huge gouge through the top. Nothing is going to stop that type of abuse.

I picked up a Nanuk last year. It's made in Canada and very nicely done. Has wheels. I only put one rifle in and it made the trip to Alaska and back without any damage. Local Scheels carries them.
I have several Nanuk cases I picked up in Alaska. Lighter, and just as strong. That's really important buddy packing for Adak or Kodiak. I love them and had a friend accidentally test his ar case by backing an F-250 over it. Just saying. Also, I love their 4 up pistol cases for traveling to/from Training and competitions. Just my .02

Check out lakewood products. I got a double rifle case from the Great American Outdoors Show. It is discrete and has great protection. Took it to Montana last fall and the guys working at BWI didn't even know there were rifles in it. Also you can cut the foam to fit your rifle. Price was great too.

nothing wrong with the Pelican 1750 2 rifles fit nicety cut the foam with an electric knife looks good and 4 HD padlocks or go to Harbor Freight and get their knock off one for a bunch less it works great also I just do not like the pluck foam
I second this, the Harbor Freight cases are very under rated I bought 3 for carrying my AR's and they are sturdy built and have the pluck out foam which on multiple plane to plane transfers might not work as well as the cut out foam, BUT looks like the Pelican foam in the same size case would swap out as I have a few V800's as well.

Pack your clothing around the guns for padding and it doesn't look like a gun case so you aren't advertising what you may have to anyone who gets to baggage claim before you
This has been the best case we have found. Pack the rifles in their soft case inside the Tuffpak. You can stand or jump on these without damage. Bonus is you have your soft case at your destination to store your rifle in.

I've probably had just about every case available including some very inexpensive ones from Walmart for local transport. Years ago many of us bought into those custom aluminum cases for the most expensive stocked and scoped rifles. Currently though the addition of the overweight surcharges that the airlines impose can put a crimp in flying with this amount of weight.

Recently I've tried the Tuffpak:

https://nalpak.com/Tuffpak-1050-Gun-Case-BLACK-w-Cushioned-Handle

This is a great idea and works well. Quite a few of us had resorted to using those golf bag containers as a form of disguise and they worked OK but I like the Tuffpak better.

I recently bought several of the cases offered by Harbor Freight, $99.00/each but pretty heavy, stout. I haven't put them in the hands of any airlines yet though.

Most of the time I've used SKB and Pelican with excellent results. I'm looking forward to testing the HF and the Tuffpak.

Enjoy the search!

:)

I'm wondering what you guys use and recommend for a hard rifle case for international air travel that will accommodate two bolt rifles.

The Pelican Protector series seems to have set the bar (1720,1750,etc.), but I'm not seeing that they offer a model that will handle two bolt rifles. The Pelican Vault V800 looks like a nice unit, but it is less expensive than the Protector series, so I'd assume not as robust.

The folks on this forum know what we spend on our rifles, so I truly want the best protection available. If I have to take two separate cases, I will. However, I'd rather travel with a single double case.

Thanks!
Vault 800 is hard to beat...mine has been on 30 different flights...what's inside survived them all! Just wish Pelican would wake up and use Pluck foam!

I've been to Africa several times with a Pelican 1750. No problems at all except for on a flight from DEN to SLC. The insufficiently thoughtful baggage crew broke a latch. It was an easy fix.

I'm wondering what you guys use and recommend for a hard rifle case for international air travel that will accommodate two bolt rifles.

The Pelican Protector series seems to have set the bar (1720,1750,etc.), but I'm not seeing that they offer a model that will handle two bolt rifles. The Pelican Vault V800 looks like a nice unit, but it is less expensive than the Protector series, so I'd assume not as robust.

The folks on this forum know what we spend on our rifles, so I truly want the best protection available. If I have to take two separate cases, I will. However, I'd rather travel with a single double case.

Thanks!
There is some large rifle case that can handle 2 bolt actions. Go to Amazon to d your shopping for a case. You can generally get additional foam to change or cut out something different.
If to going to Africa, don't go through NY. it's a real pain in the A**. Unless you really know your way around that airport. Coming back in to NY you have to have the police inspect your firearm. They don't toch it, but you have to wait until they get there and you open up the lock case.Just to look at it. It's locked, it was dumbest thing I have seen traveling with a firearm. Try to fly into Germany then to Africa. England won't allow firearms of any kind being shipped through them.
I have watch from and area above the tarmac baggesage handlers throwing down a rifle case several times They thought it was funny. I wanted to kick their *ss.
Besure and have all your paper work in order, and with you. One set in the case and one your pocket. Serial no to match your fires too on the form. Carry your ammo in the rifle case. two 20 round plactic boxes to carry the ammo in. Have a save trip and a great time.
You have adobe up grade system you can fill out the form by typing in the info. That throught the ATF off at the airport. 🤣😁.