Does it really work?

W.TX-hunter21

Do the sightmark laser sight-in bullets really work, to be able to get on paper at least?

Didnt know where to post this.

Do the sightmark laser sight-in bullets really work, to be able to get on paper at least?

Didnt know where to post this.

Didn't for me, the leupold magnetic bore sighter is more functional for me, although has still been way off as well but if the rifle is in a vise you can put on the leupold device point the gun where you aimed for the first shot see where the bullet actually impacted mark it on the grid and then adjust the crosshairs till they are on that mark. You can do almost the same thing without it but not moving the rifle at all is hard, with the magnetic leopold grid it's on the gun and makes it so easy. I have sighted in many guns this way in 3 shots. My dad tried doing it without me one time and forgot to take the sight off though, don't do that! He still owes me a new one to think of it. Also you get cards and can mark your zero in relation to the grid so its good for rechecking zero when you cant shoot. The laser is helpful though when setting up to shoot through the chrono though. I load the bullet set up the chrono and adjust the chrono toll the laser is going through the middle of the chrono, just wave your hand and you will see the laser. Works great for that and never shot a chrono. The best way to bore sight I have found is literally bore sight it. Only works for bolts but set up a target 50 yards away remove the bolt line up the target while looking through the barrel and then adjust your scope to the target without moving the rifle. I have been on paper everytime doing it this way.

Thanks for the input. I have done the taking the bolt out and sighting it before, but the gun that im trying it on is a lever-action, so I cant really do that I guess..lol. Im just wondering if the bullet style lazer sighter can at least get me on the paper at 50yds, as soon as it gets me on paper i can go from there. Im basically saying is it worth the money to get vs. taking it to the local shop to have them bore sight it?

I would go with the leupold zero point before either. Maybe you have a good gun shop nearby. But when most people say gunshop they mean wholesale sports or cabelas and I don't let those guys mount my optics

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.