Does Cheytac M310 action match a Lawton 8000 inlet?

shooter981

I'm looking at buying a Cheytac M310 action but worried there's not alot of choices out there for stocks. I've heard it mirrors a Lawton 8000 action. Can anyone verify this for me? It would be GREATLY appreciated! Im working on getting the action dimensions so even if someone has a Lawton 8000 and could measure it, that would be awesome! Thank you!

The 310 is exactly the same dimensionally as the 8000. The 310 was designated for Chey Tac Rifles, and Lawton sold the 8000 to the public. I've been making stocks for them for a long time. I have an 8000, and it's a fair action at best.

The 310 is exactly the same dimensionally as the 8000. The 310 was designated for Chey Tac Rifles, and Lawton sold the 8000 to the public. I've been making stocks for them for a long time. I have an 8000, and it's a fair action at best.
So the Cheytac M310 will bolt into a chassis milled for a Lawton 8000? What quality is the M310? Compared to a Stiller 408

Hello,

Where are you getting a M310 action from?
I don't recall Cheytac selling the 310 as a receiver only, they may have but I don't ever remember it being done.
On the other hand...the last 10 or so months of Lawton being in business they did sell some of the 8000 series receivers that were marked M310 and they were not best quality work that Lawton put out. Firing pins and extractors quality were horrible on them.

THEIS

Good to know. Any other info would be greatly appreciated!!! I located a complete M310 action w Bartlein barrel in 338. Looking to buy it for my 375 Cheytac build. I only need the action and trigger.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.