Does anyone know where I can get some Berger 215?

Barrel length is 26 I believe plus brake. It is a factory Sendero barrel but with different stock HS adjustable,jewel trigger,different firing pin. I bought it used and the guy I got it from said it was shooting the 210VLD @ 2950 with 90gr H1000. Guess it is a slower barrel. So far at 90gr H1000 there is sign of over pressure. My last group of the day was just over a inch @ 100yds with a ES of 6fps. Going to try a different chronograph on Wednesday to compare and see if I am getting false readings.

Can"t add any thing about where to buy the 215's but will add my experience with them.
I'm getting 3050 fps with 90grs of H1000 and the 215 Berger Hybrid, 29" Lilja 4 groove on a 300 RUM.
I could go a little higher but I like my brass to last more than a few rounds.
Accuracy is excellent at .5 moa @ 1000yds.
I think you are doing good with your factory barrel, I really like the Berger 215's and the 230's.

i am getting 2950 out of my factory sendero barrel with the 215 bergers and 90.2 grains retumbo.
i killed a bear with them a couple weeks ago with them at about 80 yards. high shoulder shot and DRT with a 4-6 inch exit hole. flat hammered the bear.

i am getting 2950 out of my factory sendero barrel with the 215 bergers and 90.2 grains retumbo.
i killed a bear with them a couple weeks ago with them at about 80 yards. high shoulder shot and DRT with a 4-6 inch exit hole. flat hammered the bear.

Alright!! Good to know. I would really like to hear the story and see some pics. Could we persuade you to start a thread?

Thanks
Jeff

Are you getting the same velocity out of the 215? Right now I'm shooting the 210 at 3285 out of a 30-338 Norma mag improved. With 88 grains of h-1000 and a 30 inch Lawton barrel

If you are running 3285 right now with the 210VLD do NOT be surprised that you may run the same velocity up to 50 fps faster with the 215's at the same pressure levels:D The 215's have a shorter bearing surface due to the long boat tail. I used to run the 210's at 3120 and easily got 3140 out of the 215's with NC brass in my 27" RUM. Switched back to Rem brass and am now running 3185fps.

I sure hope that's the case. I think it's amazing to shoot a heavier higher bc bullet faster. Way to go burger! I ordered 300 hope to have them by Friday going to Thunder Valley Precision Saturday to shoot the 1000 yd and one mile paper match this Saturday. Would be a great test for them.

Finally some one shot a animal with these. Glad to hear they work. I just bought another 50 yesterday.

Loaded up 50 of the 215 grain Bergers. 88 grains of h-1000 same load as I shoot with the 210s. My barrel is finished at 30 inches. I went straight to the 600 yard target. First round impacted 1/2 Moa high made the correction hit the 12inch x 12inch steel plate dead center. I went over to a clay pigeon on the bank and it exploded. This put me at 8 moa to 600 yards. I moved to the 1000yd target 10x10 inch steel plate. My old dope was 19.5 moa so I decided to try 19 moa. Bullet impacted 1/2 moa high made the adjustment and hit the plate dead center. A little off to the left side because I over corrected for wind. I moved to the mile target which is a 17 inch round circle. Dialed in 55 moa one minute less than my old dope. Fired the first shot bullet was way high. Came down 4 Moa fired another round. Bullet was still one min high. I made the adjustment and the wind pushed the bullet to the left but the elevation was perfect. I am extremely pleased with the 215 bergers. Can't wait to try them on my Elk Hunt Oct 6-13

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.