Does anyone know where I can get some Berger 215?

Not sure where to get them but they shoot good. Tried them for the first time yesterday and they shot good at every seating depth I tried. To good actually I can't decide on which COAL to shoot. Shot from 130 thou off lands to 13 thou off and all were right at 1" or just under. Wish I could get them a little faster in my 300 RUM but at 2980fps I guess isn't bad. Broz any on game results?

BEEMAN;696537Wish I could get them a little faster in my 300 RUM but at 2980fps I guess isn't bad. Broz any on game results?[/QUOTE said:
Was this with H-1000?

No game results yet, but should have some mid Oct.

Jeff

Yes this was with H1000 at 89 grains. I am still not maxed out but at 90 grs my speed dropped at the group opened up a little. thought I would try 90.5gr and see if I get a little more speed. Using federal 215 match primers. Also 1 shot out of three was always a little off to the side making it a 1" group usually would have 2 touching then one just a bit over to the side. Sorry for hijacking your thread. I could repost somewhere else.

Are you getting the same velocity out of the 215? Right now I'm shooting the 210 at 3285 out of a 30-338 Norma mag improved. With 88 grains of h-1000 and a 30 inch Lawton barrel

Are you getting the same velocity out of the 215? Right now I'm shooting the 210 at 3285 out of a 30-338 Norma mag improved. With 88 grains of h-1000 and a 30 inch Lawton barrel

I have had several other guns to get ready so mine have taken a back seat. Thus I have not loaded any of the 215's I bought months ago. But I have most the work done now and I started prepping my brass yesterday. I hope to load test and chrono this week. That said I am hoping to get 2950 or over with the 215's in my 300 win.

Jeff

Broz,
Thanks for posting that, have never heard of them, placed an order with them today for bullets and powder, best prices on both and shipping I've seen.

Jeff

You are welcome sir, I use them and Powder Valley along with Sinclair's as my main sources.

Jeff

Not sure where to get them but they shoot good. Tried them for the first time yesterday and they shot good at every seating depth I tried. To good actually I can't decide on which COAL to shoot. Shot from 130 thou off lands to 13 thou off and all were right at 1" or just under. Wish I could get them a little faster in my 300 RUM but at 2980fps I guess isn't bad. Broz any on game results?

What's your barrel length ? I'm getting 3110 with the 215 hybrids in my 300rum, 28in 3 groove barrel. Bullets are .09 off the lands. Bug hole groups when I do my part. Using H1000 and Fed 215m primers.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.