DIY folding buttstock for compact carry ?

Blancoalex

Has anyone made a DIY folding buttstock to make a rifle more compact for transport. I have some extra Rem 700 wood stocks to play with and looking for any ideas. Pics would be great if you have some. Thanks

Has anyone made a DIY folding buttstock to make a rifle more compact for transport. I have some extra Rem 700 wood stocks to play with and looking for any ideas. Pics would be great if you have some. Thanks
Choate used to have that heavy sniper stock in a folder. I was always intrigued by a smaller set up for in and out of the truck.
Remington-700-100.jpg

Ebay sells a folding adaptor for the AK so you can screw a mil spec buffer tube of choice into it. The adapters are perfect to screw right into the back of almost any stock.

John K. , found this adapter on ebay. Have you put together a rifle using it? Does it lock up solid each time so that you have consistent sight picture and cheek weld.

They're good but not awesome. Lock up is pretty tight but I get wobble from the adjustable stock.

Attachments

• 20200319_170103.jpg
    20200319_170103.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 373
  • 20200319_170123.jpg
    20200319_170123.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 296
I used it on a m1a. Worked fine. Cheap conversion in my opinion. Makes it pretty handy. You can flip it upside down and fold it on either side too

Mines pretty tight. The spring is strong enough that it's not easy to unlock for folding. The tube system is convenient. I just used an old ruger carbine stock I had laying around in the scrap pile.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.