DIY Alberta Bighorn's

Kalashnikov

2005 Solo Backpack hunt, 8 1/2 yr old ram, 280 Rem, 140 Ballistic Tip, 250 yards
Sheep11.jpg

2007 Backpack hunt in 2005 area, 10 1/2yr old ram, 280 Rem., 140 Accubond, 512 yards
Sheep20077a3.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you enjoy the photos. I chased those rams (in reality looked for those rams) for 5 years, but going solo, I was never was able to get in deep enough where the rams are. I finally found and connected on my first ram in 2005. I took my 2007 ram only about 600 yards from where I took my first. It's been a lot of hard work, but the reward is well worth it. I am planning to go back in 2009 (in Alberta we can only harvest a ram every second year) - I just can't get enough of those mountains. Thanks

wow...

that sure brings back memories...my first ram was also a solo backpack hunt, here in colorado. in my opinion there is no better way to do it. not only are you pitting yourself against one of the sharpest game animals on earth, you are up against fickle weather and the harshest terrain in the world....my hat is off to you my friend ...we are kindred spirits. great rams. AJ

Those rams are awsome everytime I see those pictures. What did they score?

How come you're using a different name here than on AO? I try to keep my name the same on every site I go to. Too hard to remember the different names otherwise.:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.