Archery Alberta muledeer

Dave King

This is my first ever muledeer, an Alberta early archery season again with Ron Nemetchek. Mine was the smaller (I like to think of it as less large) of the three taken on this hunt.

(Notice our extensive use of camo clothing... these were the clothes we were wearing at the time of the kill.)

DaveMule-crop.JPG

This one was taken by Yawan and is the second in the series.

yawan-mule-800.jpg

This last one was taken by Ron.

ron-mule-800.jpg

Last edited:
Dave,

Nice clothes. Blends right in. Did they have odor blocker too.:D

Your first muley, eh? Jim and I saw one, after the season was long gone. It really lit my fire. Its image is burned into my brain. Saw it only once during the month that we both glassed that spot and then only for a few minutes. I'd say it fit in somewhere between Yawan's and Rons. I wonder if the Woofs will get it before next year. Its buddy, that Jim saw with it last year didn't make an appearance this year, but that may not mean much.

Could you post some measurements etc re: those three deer so a dummy like me can get a feel for what I'm looking at when I see something?

Roy

We were real careful about wind direction but not too concerned about how we looked, these deer weren't too accustomed to seeing archery folks.

We didn't officially measure these deer, we were more concerned with keeping the velvet in good shape, mine is still frozen as I decide what to do with it. I believe Ron estimated his at about 190 to 200 inches if I recall correctly but then his dwarfed the other two in close side-by-side comparison. (I hate Ron's muledeer...;) but I'll ask him if he put a tape on it yet.)

NIce hunt, for sure! That thing of Rons looks huge....His pic was taken the right way antlers above the shooter shooter as far behind as he could get but that things big! Look at the bases on that critter!

You all did a fine job! and all get A+++'s

I don't understand how this old thread got dredged back up but that mule deer hunt was in 2006.

I didn't get around to doing anything with those antlers, they're still frozen somewhere.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.