My Alberta Whitetail

giannis

I was getting ready for this hunt for about a year or more
shooting long range up to 700 yards and ended up shooting this nice whitetail at only 80
but i guess it doesnt matter dead is dead
Anyway i was hunting with bearpaw outfitters out of
peace river alberta
a couple of guys from here been there, it was the best place i have seen so far, a lot of deer , nice camp , good people , good guides and the best food i ever had in a hunting camp
I will try to post a picture of that deer if i remember how to do it
i was using my 300 win mag with 180 nosler abt wich worked very well
the deer droped in his tracks
he was quartering away and the bullet went in behind the last rib and exited thru the front shoulder
Greek2.JPG

giannis, That is a great buck. I was supposed to be there this fall but due to lack of funds I had to cancel. My dad was the one who shot the 240" non typical in 2005. Between dad and uncle they have taken quite a few dandy whitetails and mulies with Scott over the years.

Thank you everyone the deer estimeted about 280 lbs
Magman i know Scott told me that you guys couldnt make it
i dont know if you remember, i talked to you last year about this hunt
anyway they didnt have a very good year this past year because of
a bad winter kill but we still saw a few monsters brought at camp.

giannis, we did talk last year I've had a tough time keeping track of some people because their names changed.

What did that score? or did I already miss that.

Scott told us about the die offs and that is one of the many reasons we didn't go $$$ being the main reason. We are booked for 2010 or 2011 though, he figured the deer would be "better" by then. Though I'm sure they will have no problems shooting 150-160" deer until then.

We're heading to Kansas this year and I'm going to Colorado for mulies in 09.

Still a very nice buck.

Gorgeous BUCK

Congrats....the deer dont get much nicer then that !
The biggest buck I ever saw alive was 100 miles NW of Grande Prairie
I was hunting elk at the time...and let him pass by me.
His rack points were so busy...too many to count at 200 yards
Anyone coming hunting through Edmonton is always welcome to phone me for a coffee, conversation, or assistance.
My specialty is coyote hunts !!
AlbertaAL

Giannis,

That's one heck-of-a-deer. Great pics also. The old buck looks like he carried his mass well. Thanks for sharing your good fortune.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.