Dies, opinions

500000KV

So many options now, not sure what to pick up. Getting them in 28 Nosler, loading 195's. Didn't know if there was a preferred set guys were using.
Thanks,
Matt

I neck-size until I have to FL size them, so I always buy 3-die sets.

I prefer Redding, but you can't go wrong with Redding or RCBS.

I also love the redding dies, I use the master hunter die set, $120 for both the micro seating die & full re-size. Also there customer service is 2nd to NONE! I had a jammed case that was not coming out without damaging the die! I called their customer service talked to Don who told me to send to them, 1 week later I get a new re-size die in the mail. Also not sure if this is standard but he had me send a fired case that was not re-sized which I assume to make sure the new die fit correctly. There is a lot of great die companies out there but for me after that customer service & the quality of the dies I will only use Redding.

I like the bushing dies.
I use the RCBS FL bushing die for my 338 Lapua, with a standard seater die.
I use a Lee collet die with a Redding body die for 6.5 creed and 30-06 with the Hornady new dimension seater.
Standard FL RCBS dies for .243. I have found great accuracy with all of them.

Lots of Redding fans, looks like that's what I'll go with. Thanks very much fellas!

Reedawg got it down! I have and use both, but sure prefer the Whidden Micrometer Seater because I can see it. Redding's just too small and dark, but solidly accurate none-the-less.

I've used and have most of the popular brands but find the Forster dies do a great job in my rifles. I like the adjustable expander ball on the sizer spindle and the seater die works great.

I've used and have most of the popular brands but find the Forster dies do a great job in my rifles. I like the adjustable expander ball on the sizer spindle and the seater die works great.

Just asking do you mean do a great job compared to Redding, Whidden and other high-quality dies? Or compared to RCBS, hornady and other cheaper dies?

I have Forster dies too but no experience with Redding or Whidden to compare. I am happy with the forster dies I have but need some dies for my 300 win mag and am pondering weather to stick with Forster or try out another brand, namely Redding or Whidden

I have all three. I prefer Redding but would not hesitate to use any of the three. I just feel the the Redding dies are the most simple but all make great ammo.

Just asking do you mean do a great job compared to Redding, Whidden and other high-quality dies? Or compared to RCBS, hornady and other cheaper dies?

I have Forster dies too but no experience with Redding or Whidden to compare. I am happy with the forster dies I have but need some dies for my 300 win mag and am pondering weather to stick with Forster or try out another brand, namely Redding or Whidden

The dies I own are RCBS,( standard and comp) Lyman, Lee, Pacific Durachrome, Redding Hornady and Forster. Of these I prefer the Forster although all do a decent job.When it comes to run-out I find the Forster do the best job.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.