dies for a 338 Lapua Mag.

hoverp

Hi guys , Im a highpower shooter and Long rang competitor but I have only worked those 2 venues with the .223 and my 6XC.

I just bought a Savage 110 FCP in 338 Lapua for long range shooting and Hunting. I plan on trying the 300 grain Hybrid Bergers,

Im in the planning stages of getting Dies for my Lapua brass.

I have always used Forster dies and I want to stick with what I now.

but here is my question. : For those of you that reload the 338 lapua are you FL sizing< partial sizing with a FL die backed off a bit , or neck and bumping the shoulder bacl a few thousandths?

My question is for the 338 lapua owners (same chamber specs is why I say this) do you find you need to FL size this case or does it respond well to just neck and shoulder bump.

I just dont know the brass and chamber /neck reamer size all that well yet as I have not even shot the rifle.

speaking of chamber size does anyone know or have a picture of the reamer /chamber specs from Savage on their 110 338 lapua chambers?

Thanks

Patrick

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.