Die recommendations

If your remark was directed to me, I use Davidson nose pieces and base attached to a Mitutoyo caliper in measuring OAL to the ogive. My measuring process is not flawed. I shoot IBS too and have some expertise with reloading 6 PPC, 6 BR and 30 BR. My experience is that the Wilson seaters are not uniform, but neither are the Forster nor Redding. All of them are off a few thou. BUT - the Redding micrometer competition seater makes it very easy to seat deeper. I initially seat my bullets to about .005" over the desired depth. Each round is then placed in a loading block, the lines being separated by .001" each. I then work them down .001" at a time, until all are exctly spot on. My point is that its easier (and faster) to do this with the Redding competition seater than with the others. Skip Otto's shims for the wilson dies are OK, I just hate to keep changing them.

The Forster "Ultra" setup is very accurate, and if you are one of the guys who often change bullets, it's a tiny bit better than the Redding (backlash). I use a Stoneypoint gauge with custom built bushings to fit my particular needs (I must have forty of them). I started to make my own case measuring system, but just never got around to finishing it a few years back. I didn't really like using the modified cases that you had to buy, and felt a once fired case out of a given chamber would have been a little more accurate.
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.