Diagnosing Issue still- advice please

Greyfox I agree that the shooter is still part of the equation. I did not shoot any paper this weekend as we were out wolf hunting. On the way off the mountain today I ranged a rock target at 942 yards. I wanted my buddy to shoot it and see how it performed for him. I dialed the scope, left wind at zero for now, and squeezed. Sent a second round. Both rounds impacted within 3 inches of each other, verticle was dead on, and a foot right.Wind was left to right. I had him shoot and he pretty much repeated my strikes but with larger grouping. It was his first time past 600.

They're pretty good hits!

Thanks Greyfox. The rifle seems to respond well to 56.5 retumbo. I nave more work to do clearly but it was nice to put that many rounds down at that range and all would have a dead elk. I will go back through this post and consider all the comments and suggestions. I have a question for night force tomorrow too.

So far so good. Backed powder down, increased seating depths, and verticals flyers are gone. Still on the fence about the scope but base screws were loose at one point. Since those were tightened I have seen no shift in poi.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.