detachable mag or no detachable mag??

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by nathank, Oct 24, 2008.

1. nathank

nathank Well-Known Member

im purchasing a Remington Model 700 SPS- 7mm Rem. Mag today to start my LRH rifle, just wondering if i should get it with the detachable mag or without it . or if it makes much of a difference?? thanks.

2. grampayeehaa

grampayeehaa Active Member

The Remington 700 SPS looks like a fine all weather hunting rifle. As far as the magazine it is a matter of preferance. The detachable magazine would facilitate ease of loading and unloading.

3. platform

platform Member

I would go for detacheable unless you plan to sit up on trees with lots of branches.

4. MagMan

MagMan Well-Known Member

For a hunting rig I prefer not to have a detachable box. Sometimes I like to carry my rifle on my shoulder there the dump plate is and you couldn't do that comfortably with a detachable box.

5. eshell

eshell Well-Known Member

I agree on the fixed mag for hunting, just more comfortable to carry.

Another thing to consider is that with Remington, once set up for factory "DM" mags, you're locked in to a detachable mag system of one type or another. The bottom of the DM receiver is milled out and the feed rails are part of the magazine.