Detachable mag options???

Andrewc

I have a Rem 700 300 win mag that I'm think about converting to a detachable magazine. What is my best option? I would like to stick with metal.

If your rifle has BDL bottom metal, the only DBM I am familiar with that fits your inletted BDL is HS Precision.

It's pretty high dollar, but a very nice option. I just changed from factory BDL to HS on a S/A magnum. I went with a 3 round magazine to keep from having an extended mag hanging down.

If you decide to go that direction, be sure your current round will fit the magazine. Measure your COAL and call HS or check their website for length on the L/A magnum length.

One last thing, if you are using a Jewell or Trigger Tech trigger, it takes a bit of milling to get good clearance. If you call them, ask if they've fixed that.

CDI Precision makes them for ACIS pattern mags for both ADL and BDL stocks. I believe Wyatt's also makes some and possibly with longer lengths.

I wish someone would come out with one similar to the seekins setup that allows longer coal and doesn't hang down to or past trigger guard . Christensen arms used to make one but quit. The h&s setup is nice But you are limited on coal

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.