Detachable Magazine Options

urds1406

Another questions for everyone. I am having a 338-378 Weatherby built by a local smith. The issue we are running into is varying opinions on detachable mag options. I am going to be using a stiller tac 338 action for the build. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of the 338-378 Weatherby round fitting in the AICS CIP detachable magazine. The specs show it will handle the 3.750 COAL but was wondering if they actually work. Other options I have seen is the Badger Ordinance and CDI Precision Gunwerks. Any help would be appreciated.

Another questions for everyone. I am having a 338-378 Weatherby built by a local smith. The issue we are running into is varying opinions on detachable mag options. I am going to be using a stiller tac 338 action for the build. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of the 338-378 Weatherby round fitting in the AICS CIP detachable magazine. The specs show it will handle the 3.750 COAL but was wondering if they actually work. Other options I have seen is the Badger Ordinance and CDI Precision Gunwerks. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the AICS CIP and it is correct, it will fit 3.75" and is made for .338 Lapua Magnum's COAL at 3.681" (SAAMI). I don't think it will work because .338-.378 WBTY's SAAMI COAL is 3.763".

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.