Delorme InReach SE Review

ADMIN

Administrator
Delorme has produced a unique and interesting product in the InReach line of satellite communication devices. I began comparing the different models and their features and weighing the features against the prices. This led me to the InReach SE, it seemed to be the best bang for the buck. I didn't need the GPS feature of the Explorer and wanted more than the basic model had to offer; naturally the SE seemed like the only way to go.Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Delorme InReach SE Review, By Tim King. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

thanks for a good review. I think another nice feature of the Delorme is that you can purchase a satellite service subscription for as little as one month at a time, instead of having to commit to a yearlong subscription (e.g., SPOT). I don't need satellite messaging capability throughout the year (unfortunately), so I appreciate not having to pay for a satellite service subscription during idle months.

thanks for a good review. I think another nice feature of the Delorme is that you can purchase a satellite service subscription for as little as one month at a time, instead of having to commit to a yearlong subscription (e.g., SPOT). I don't need satellite messaging capability throughout the year (unfortunately), so I appreciate not having to pay for a satellite service subscription during idle months.

+1. Good to know I'm not on the hook for a 1yr subscription.

Yeah, they all work great down south, but go a little north to separate the ones that work vs those that don't. Thankfully Delorme uses the Iridium network - the one that happens to work up north.

It worked well for me in the Talkeetna Range of Alaska. I was able to keep in touch with family and keep them posted on progress and share the moment of taking my big Dall Ram. I would highly recommend it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.