Defensive Edge 260 Rem

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Shawn Carlock, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

Just finished a 260 Rem for my first female to be in an upcoming LRH class. It is a Rem 700 SA with Hart 26" Sendero taper fluted barrel, DE brake, DE recoil lug, DE cheekpiece, McMillan A5 Edge fill, Harris 9-13 "S" with pod-loc, NF direct mount, NXS 3.5-15x with NPR1 and zero stop, ACI ACD, Coyote teflon and desert pattern stock. I post how it flys at the class later.
    [​IMG]

2. shooterpunk2

shooterpunk2 Well-Known Member

Everytime i see on e of your rifles, I drool. Im trying to save my pennies but at the rate that i am it will be years before i can even think about getting on of your rifles.

3. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

Sweet rifle Shawn , whats that thing weigh? and what is the "edge" fill"

4. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

Are you sitting down .... it weighs 8.6 lbs without optics!!! The Edge fill is McMillans very light fill tech and a carbon fiber layering instead of glass, very light. My only instructions were to make it packable, desert colored, make sure it has all necessary bells / whistles and shoot like the wind.

5. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Sounds like a wonderful rifle that was very well designed for the shooter and it will be interesting to hear how the shooter does in the class. Perhaps more interesting to hear how she does this fall hunting.

6. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

That's one sweet looking rifle. I too plan on having Shawn build me a rifle someday. I can't wait to see how well it shoots.

7. soren

soren Well-Known Member

Nice rifle! That's basically how my rifle is going to look. Except Shawn is going to build a .338 Edge for me.

8. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

I'll keep you up to date but hope to have video from a fall hunt with her for our next video. I'm going to go and test fire it on Monday.

9. long450

long450 Well-Known Member

So what is the twist rate in the barrel?

10. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

1-8 twist. Probably shooting the Hornady Amax or a Berger bullet. I am not sure what they will use but 140 gr +.

11. Alan Griffith

Alan Griffith Well-Known Member

Eew! Eew! Eew! Shawn, dang it! You are sly! That, no doubt, is going to one sweet shooting, low recoiling, accurate thumper; and I don't mean thumper as in recoil. I have a feeling, you'll be able to self spot hits with that rig.

My problem is I have finally found my Alaskan Grizzly outfitter. He has the openings, the price is right, I've been given the green light at work and at home, but I just can't decide whether to go this September or wait 10 months and go next spring. With that in mind, one of your rifles is not going to be possible. Dang it!

12. Stormrider

Stormrider Well-Known Member

Life is uncertain, go early!

13. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

I have always liked fall bear hunts better myself.

Shawn