Decoy Battery set up

Discussion in 'Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards' started by newenglandhunter, Apr 14, 2012.

1. newenglandhunter

newenglandhunter Member

I just bought a Western Rivers Predator Stalker and a Predator Deceptor. The stalker (a caller)fits on top of the Deceptor (motion stake) and is supposed to run on one 9 volt battery. It has 3 - 9 volt plugs and I can't figure out how they go together. If I plug in 2 batteries into the stalker it over heats. Anyone that can help me? I have attached a picture of the set up.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Nimrodmar10

Nimrodmar10 Well-Known Member

Just guessing here but I'd say you plug the connecter from the stake into one of the connecters from the call and plug a battery to the other connecter from the call.

3. newenglandhunter

newenglandhunter Member

I tried that and it works somewhat but there isn't enough power for the both of them. it moves real slow.
    Thanks for trying to help.
    Randy

4. topbrass

topbrass Well-Known Member

What did the company tell you when you called them?

5. newenglandhunter

newenglandhunter Member

They never emailed or called back. Maybe their still trying to figure out how they did it?
    Thanks,
    Randy

6. Muttt

Muttt Well-Known Member

Well, this makes it simple. I know exactly what I am NOT going to buy in the future.

7. newenglandhunter

newenglandhunter Member

Unfortunately I'm glad I could help.
    Randy

8. Muttt

Muttt Well-Known Member

Sorry I couldn't be of some help. I'm just going to make my own using a wild weasle pet toy and mounting the parts on a wire post. It doesn't work on sound. But, from what I've seen they work really well.

9. newenglandhunter

newenglandhunter Member

Write me and tell me how it works. I haven't had a chance to use mine yet and am getting anxious to get out there.

Randy