Decoy dogs

I tried to find one a year ago. At that time I do not think there was anyone breeding, training, and then selling. There is just too much time and money involved. Once someone gets a dog to the point of trained they are too attached and will not sell. If you do get lucky and find one you are about to spend some serious cash. Make sure you can hunt with and check the dog out before purchase. You can go over to Predator Masters Forum and there are several gentlemen over there that have excellent dogs.

I tried to find one a year ago. At that time I do not think there was anyone breeding, training, and then selling. There is just too much time and money involved. Once someone gets a dog to the point of trained they are too attached and will not sell. If you do get lucky and find one you are about to spend some serious cash. Make sure you can hunt with and check the dog out before purchase. You can go over to Predator Masters Forum and there are several gentlemen over there that have excellent dogs.

Finding a trained one is the problem, you should be able to get a puppy you can train yourself.

What does a trained decoy dog have to do?
I've taken my dog as bait for coyotes, worked good. I'd let him wander around and once the coyote came in I whistled for him to lay down then shot

There is a guy in Montana that sells trained coyote dogs. PM me if interested & I'll see if he has any currently. When I lived in Utah I had Catahoula Curs for decoy dogs. They were amazing. I did'nt lose any wounded coyotes! By the time I caught up with them the coyote was confetti!!!
Thanks, Kirk

There is a guy in Montana that sells trained coyote dogs. PM me if interested & I'll see if he has any currently. When I lived in Utah I had Catahoula Curs for decoy dogs. They were amazing. I did'nt lose any wounded coyotes! By the time I caught up with them the coyote was confetti!!!
Thanks, Kirk[/QUOTE

Click on the persons name you want to pm(private message or start a conversation)with. You will get a pop up with their info. In the middle you will see, start a conversation, click on it and there you go.

"Catahoula Curs" because of what you described sounds like a kill dog. A decoy dog is used to bring a coyote or coyotes closer to the hunter or back to the hunter after they have split. They are not used to kill the coyote. Check it out on you tube.

"Catahoula Curs" because of what you described sounds like a kill dog. A decoy dog is used to bring a coyote or coyotes closer to the hunter or back to the hunter after they have split. They are not used to kill the coyote. Check it out on you tube.
That is exactly what they did. They would decoy coyotes in and when I shot they would make sure Mr. Coyote was not playing dead. My old male got me so many bad coyotes. He would go out & run a little circle in front of them & come back to me. I have shot them as close as 15 feet just screaming at me. My Dad was a range rider so I have been around Govt. hunters all my life. They are the best teachers in the world.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.