decision on chronograph

I like my beta chrony but after 2 years one screw holding one front eye had slightly loosened. So i decided to check it against 2 (yes 2) other shooting chronys,both comparison tests were run parallel and angled 60 deg. toward each other . Ran 10 groups each test velocities were within 3-5 fps except my old one gave a wild velocity 10-15 fps high every 20th shot or so.
For the last 6 months or so I thought I was miss weighing a charge or had wild neck tension once and a while. Turns out my loads were better than I thought.
The company said they'll re calibrate it for $25.

My chronograph cost about two bottles of Laphroaig, so it is hard to say which is the most essential for load development for money spent. Laphroaig is more for the cerebral development stage, however....or lack thereof. Whatever works for you.....

However, my Shooting Chrony Master F1 is accurate and consistent if you shoot it in consistent conditions....WHICH IS.... a bright sunny day with the sensors shielded from direct sunlight.

It will give a different reading on a cloudy day or if direct sunlight is in the sensors. So shoot under a standard light condition, bright and sunny, not very early or very late in the day, and the Shooting Chrony works very well.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.